Filter problem

I've run into a problem with filtering. I'm reading in an existing Excel 2003 file, inserting some columns in several sheets, then saving the file back as an Excel 2003 file. I do create named ranges for the column insert. The problem is that in the saved file all of the sheets show Filter Mode in the Excel status bar. The only fix within Excel is to click Autofilter to turn on a filter, then click it again to turn it off (note that it did not initially show as being on). This problem exists on sheets I don't even modify.

I've found that by looping through the worksheets collection and calling ws.autofilter.showall it does resolve the problem, but I shouldn't have to do this. I'm not doing any filtering or validation in my code, and the original workbook has no filtering.

I'm using cells 4.8.2.4.

Rick

Hi Rick,

I tried your scenario a bit but could not find the issue you have mentioned. Please provide us sample code/console Application with template files to reproduce the issue here, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

The attached files are the original excel file, the edited file that shows the problem, and the code to reproduce the issue.

One thing I noticed with this is that I didn't include a call to the license, so the output sheet includes the Evaluation Warning sheet, and even that sheet shows 'Filter Mode' in the status area (bottom left) in Excel 2003. To see the issue in Excel 2007 you need to select the Data tab. The Filter section will show that you can clear a filter, but clicking on clear doesn't do anything. The only way to clear it is to click on the Filter button to apply a filter, then click it again to remove it, then you can click on the clear button and it will remove the filter (this all applies to the existing sheets in the workbook, the Evaluation Sheet seems to always have a filter, or atleast the 'Clear' filter button is always enabled for that sheet).

Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for providing us the template files with project.

We found an issue regarding filter mode (activation), we will look into it and get back to you soon.

Your issue has been logged into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSNET-14181.

Thank you.

Hi, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please try the attached latest version. We have fixed your mentioned issue.

Thank You & Best Regards,