Filtering with GridDesktop

We are currently evaluating Aspose Cells as our excel replacement in Windows Desktop applications. I am currently looking at filtering and am having a number of problems (version number is

I am running the demo code Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.Example.CSharp application

For example

• The filter headers do not have any icons and look exactly the same as a regular row
  • Setting the StartRow and EndRow does not seem to alter which rows are filtered
  • I cannot select multiple items from the filter list

Could someone give me a good example where the filtering works?

Below is a screen shot showing how the filter row is indistinguishable from the other rows

image.png (8.9 KB)

The section of code is below

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        // ExStart:AutoFilter
        // Enable GridDesktop's auto-filter.
        gridDesktop1.Worksheets[0].RowFilter.EnableAutoFilter = true; 

// Set the header row.
        gridDesktop1.Worksheets[0].RowFilter.HeaderRow = 0; 

// Set the starting row.
        gridDesktop1.Worksheets[0].RowFilter.StartRow = 1; 

// Set the ending row.
        gridDesktop1.Worksheets[0].RowFilter.EndRow = 3; 
        // ExEnd:AutoFilter

Below is a shot from my app where there is no filter icon and the data has moved so far to the right (due to scrolling the grid that they cannot be easily read)

image.png (3.9 KB)

We were able to observe this issue by importing some of the Excel files and found that filtering does not work good so we have logged this issue in our database for product team investigation and for a fix. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other news for you, we will update you asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45653 - Filtering in GridDesktop does not work properly or like Microsoft Excel

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45653 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45653) have been fixed in this Aspose.Cells for .NET 18.1 update.

Please also check the following article: