Finding 11.6.1.0 buggy and slow

We have recently upgraded to 11.6.1.0 and we have found it much, much, much slower than the version we previously had which is 4.4.2.0.

I have also ran into a lot of Object reference not set to an instance of an object errors with the stack trace being somewhere deep inside ASPOSE. I have no problem with the errors but I would rather have some better explanation of what is going on.

Here is an example of one such stacktrace that I am currently looking at:

at Aspose.Words.CompositeNode.xa31176735d470872(Node x40e458b3a58f5782, Node x1d6b030e5da040dc)
at Aspose.Words.CompositeNode.xef23aa45e7612fdd(Node x40e458b3a58f5782, Node xff5adbb92d63bf52, Boolean x7f43f79506f73a73)
at Aspose.Words.CompositeNode.InsertAfter(Node newChild, Node refChild)
at Aspose.Words.CompositeNode.AppendChild(Node newChild)
at Aspose.Words.NodeCollection.Add(Node node)
at ncontinuity2.core.services.MIDocumentService.AddObservationTable(IList1 observations, Table observationsTable, Document document, Body body, Observation observation) in c:\projects\continuity2\ncontinuity2.core\services\managementinformation\MIDocumentService.cs:line 443</div><div> at ncontinuity2.core.services.MIDocumentService.GenerateObservations(IList1 observations, Table observationsTable, Document document, Dictionary2 parts) in c:\projects\continuity2\ncontinuity2.core\services\managementinformation\MIDocumentService.cs:line 435</div><div> at ncontinuity2.core.services.MIDocumentService.OrganisationWideReport(User user, String path, Func1 getTempFolder) in c:\projects\continuity2\ncontinuity2.core\services\managementinformation\MIDocumentService.cs:line 252
at ncontinuity2.core.controllers.managementinformation.MIController.OrganisationWideReport(MIReportType reportType) in c:\projects\continuity2\ncontinuity2.core\controllers\managementinformation\MIController.cs:line 50
at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary2 parameters)</div><div> at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.b__12()
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your inquiry. Regarding the usage of the ‘interim build’ of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.6.1, it was only meant for a particular few customers who required it. We strongly recommend you please use the latest official release of Aspose.Words that is 11.9.0. I hope, this will help. Moreover, you can download the latest version of Aspose.Words from the following link:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx

Best regards,