FIPS-140 support for Aspose pdf

Hello,

Anybody know from which version does Aspose.pdf support FIPS-140 compliant?

Thanks.

@Glority_Developer

Would you kindly share some more details regarding required compliance by sharing a sample PDF document. We will check further details at our side and share our feedback accordingly.

@asad.ali

Hi,

Recently our team want to add a feature about pdf encryption, but our application needs to comply with the FIPS compliant.

Per your developer guide, we write a demo(Aspose.PDF for .NET v18.6) to encrypt a pdf file under FIPS compliant enabled on windows. And this pdf can be decrypted and used normally. Can this indicate that v18.6 library supports FIPS?

Tips:To enable FIPS compliant under windows, please see the following picture:
image.png (132.6 KB)

If you confirm that it supports FIPS compliant, please let me know if it will continue to be supported in subsequent releases.

Below is the encrypted pdf generated with my demo:
Encrypt_out.pdf (923.0 KB)
OwnerPassword: owner, UserPassword: user

Thanks.

@Glority_Developer

Thanks for sharing all details.

We would like to confirm that Aspose.PDF for .NET Supports FIPS compliance. Furthermore, we would also recommend you to use Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.11 which is latest version and contains more enhanced and improved performance.

OK. When you have the conclusion about whether Aspose.PDF for .NET v18.6 and v19.11 supports FIPS compliance, please let me know. If v18.6 already supports, then we will continue using it, if it doesn’t but v19.11 supports, then we will update to v19.11.

@Glority_Developer

The FIPS compliance support was added in Aspose.PDF for .NET 9.2 and yes, v18.6 also supports this.