FIPS Compliance for Aspose.Slides

Hello,

The organization I work for has purchased an Aspose.Total license. We have configured our .NET 4.0 ASP.NET web applications running on a Windows 2008 FIPS Compliant server to set the license file for each Aspose.Total product during application startup. The license for each of the Aspose.Total products is set properly with the exception of Aspose.Slides. The attempt to set the license for the Aspose.Slides product fails with the following exception message:

“This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.”

The stack trace points to the line of code attempting to set the Aspose.Slides license. It appears as if the version of the Aspose.Slides dll (version 4.4.2.0) we are using is attempting to call the System.Security.Cryptography.SHA1Managed class which is not FIPS compliant.

All that to say… is there a known FIPS compliant version of Aspose.Slides?

Thanks!

Hi Sean,

I have observed the issue shared by you and an issue with ID 23679 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once there is any update on the issue.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hello Dear,

Can you please use the latest version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.0.0 to verify your application on FIPS Server. If you still feel any issue then please share the complete stack trace with us for necessary investigation. I also like to share that Aspose.Slides uses common licensing code which is used in all Aspose products. There are no any SHA1Managed calls to access the Aspose.Slides license.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello,

I just thought would take a leap ask you what you did to clear this up with the FIPS. I am using vs2013 now was in 2010 and getting issue with the aspose.slides setlicense. Thanks

Hi Sharon,

I have replied your post in Aspose.Slides forum. You can access it using the following link:

https://forum.aspose.com/t/61282

Thanks & Regards,