FIPS Compliancy of Aspose.PDF.Net

I need to know if any of the following cipher algorithms that Aspose.PDF.Net v6.1 uses are FIPS 140-2 compliant?

RC4x40
RC4x128
AESx128
AESx256

The call in our application is:

pdfFile.Encrypt(password, password, Permissions.AssembleDocument, CryptoAlgorithm.AESx256);

This call fails when usage of FIPS compliancy is enforced within Local Security Settings of Win2K8 Server Local Policies --> Security Options.

If they are not compliant is there a way to make them compliant?

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p></o:p>

Thank you for considering Aspose.Pdf for .NET.<o:p></o:p>

I have asked our development team to share the details about
FIPS 140-2 compliance.
Once I get a feedback regarding your inquiry, I will update you via this forum
thread.<o:p></o:p>

Thank You & Best Regards,<o:p></o:p>

Hi,

Any update on this? If a PDF is password protected, we should be able to decrypt the file using the password supplied. But it throws error on FIPS compliant configured systems.

Thanks,
Suresh

bsuresh:
Any update on this? If a PDF is password protected, we should be able to decrypt the file using the password supplied. But it throws error on FIPS compliant configured systems
Hi Suresh,

Thanks for contacting support and sorry for the delayed response.

Recently we have made some improvements in our component to support FIPS compliance but this feature is not fully supported. Nevertheless, I have requested the latest status from development team and will keep you updated on the status of correction.

Hi Suresh,

Sorry for the inconvenience faced. While testing your scenario with Apose.Pdf for .NET 8.2 and Windwos Server 2008 R2, I’ve observe the reported issue and logged the issue as PDFNEWNET-35552 in our issue tracking system. We will keep you updated about issue progress via the forum thread.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33275) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.2.0.

The blog post for this release is created over this link

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.