Fix System.Drawing.Common >=7.0.0 Dependencies for Aspose.Slides and Aspose.Page

Using the latest Aspose.Slides and Aspose.Pages packages break our builds on macOS and Linux on net7.0 because both packages require System.Drawing.Common (>= 7.0.0)

Could you change this dependency to System.Drawing.Common (>= 6.0.0)

So this stops being an issue?

Thanks!

@rafaeloliveira

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PAGENET-547

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Furthermore, we will be updating you regarding Aspose.Slides shortly.

@rafaeloliveira,
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESNET-44176

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

i have the same issue. When i use .net 7 and slides when i try to save i have System.Drawing.Common is not supported. I’m using a ubuntu OS Server. I was hoping than every package was using Aspose.Drawing.

I’m using Aspose.Slides.NET 23.8.0

@peter75014,
Thank you for the message. Our developers will do their best to resolve the issue. We will inform you of any progress.

i try to use .net 6 and the twik from microsoft with “System.Drawing.EnableUnixSupport”: true but it’s the same.

@peter75014,
Thank you for the additional information. I’ve forwarded it to our developers.

For your information i see that in the zip release there is a version for crossplatform. Can you explain how to use Aspose.Slides with aspose.slides.drawing.capi_vc14x64.dll, libaspose.slides.drawing.capi_appleclang.dylib, libaspose.slides.drawing.capi_x86_64_libstdcpp_libc2.23.so. There is no documentation.

Thank for your reply

@peter75014,
Please try the following instructions:

• download this zip package: Downloads ---New Releases-aspose.slides-for-.net-23.6(dlls-only)
  • extract Aspose.Slides_23.6.zip\Aspose.Slides\net6.0\crossplatform\ files
  • Aspose.Slides.dll is a .NET assembly. It should be referenced in the project.
  • aspose.slides.drawing.capi_vc14x64.dll, aspose.slides.drawing.capi_vc14x86.dll, libaspose.slides.drawing.capi_x86_64_libstdcpp_libc2.23.so are C++ libraries, each for the corresponding target platform. These libraries should be included in the project and set to copy to the output directory (because Aspose.Slides.dll will load the required lib on the startup).

Thank you for your response. I try to use the 23.8 version with a docker with ubuntu os. i use .net 6 abd when i execute the code i have this error. Unable to load shared library ‘libaspose.slides.drawing.capi_x86_64_libstdcpp_libc2.23’ or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable: liblibaspose.slides.drawing.capi_x86_64_libstdcpp_libc2.23: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. So i imagine there is an instruction to reference the lib

@peter75014,
Please try using version 23.6 as mentioned above. The issue has not been fixed in versions 23.7/23.8 yet.

@andrey.potapov any updates on fixing the dependency version on the packages? I can’t believe that changing a 7 to a 6 in two files can take this long. The packages are functionally equivalent.

@rafaeloliveira,
Starting from version 23.6, Aspose.Slides for .NET NuGet package is Windows-only.

You should use a cross-platform version of Aspose.Slides for .NET by downloading it as a ZIP package.

More details:

6 posts were split to a new topic: Failed to Use Aspose.Slides for .NET 23.9 on CentOS 7