Flatten process causes text to disappear

Application for Building Permit.pdf (158.6 KB)

Hello
The attached pdf , when flattened cause text to disappear. Please review the “missing” email address under the builder section on the first page after flattening this document.
Aspose 18.7 Net 4 Windows 10

@Andre123

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document.
  • Please create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

First of all I dont have access to the input word document as i was only given the PDF
Thanks I expected this level of support …or lack of it
It would be simple for you to run this pdf through your own app and test what happens when its flattened
We have already begun divesting ourselves of Appose API …this will result in an annual loss of around $4000 to your company. I will pass on your lack of support to the largest building group in Australia.
PS I can assure you that we are testing another PDF API which does not suffer from this bug…you have just hastened our decision and increased our determination to express our experiences at every opportunity

@Andre123

Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience.

In your first post, you did not share which Aspose API you are using e.g Aspose.Words or Aspose.PDF. This is the reason we asked for detail. Could you please share to which file format you want to convert this PDF file? We will investigate the issue and provide you with more information about your query.

@Andre123

We apologize for the misunderstanding faced.

We have tested the scenario by flattening your PDF document while using Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.8 and did not notice the missing email address issue in the resultant PDF. Please check following code snippet which we used to test the scenario in our environment and attached output PDF for your kind reference.

Aspose.Pdf.Document doc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(dataDir + "Application for Building Permit.pdf");
doc.Flatten();
doc.Save(dataDir + @"Application for Building Permit.flattened.pdf");

Application for Building Permit.flattened.pdf (163.6 KB)

We request you to please use latest version and in case you still face any issue, please feel free to let us know about it.

I did try with the latest release and the issue is still current, however one of my support staff noticed that the text
"
think I’ve found the issue why the text in the pdf is not appearing when it’s dragged and dropped into VA - the text boxes have a border (set at “1” instead of “0”), once I’ve changed it to “0” for all the borders, they all appear"

My code is similar to your but I will review

You are correct I did not provide adequate information for you to trouble shoot…I apologise for my tersness
Aspose PDF 8.7 in vb .net (winform) on VS 2017 windows 64 bit frame work 4

@Andre123

Thanks for your feedback.

Please take your time to review the scenario and in case of any issue, please feel free to share issue details with us. We will again test the scenario in our environment and definitely address it accordingly.