Fo external graphic image scaling

Hi there,
We’ve been evaluating your product for Document Generation capabilities we are looking to add to our product. Of particular importance to us is the ability to embed images and scale them in our generated PDFs using XSL FO, so something like:

<fo:external-graphic display-align=“center” src=“url(…/…/images/foo.gif)” scaling=“uniform” content-height=“2in” content-width=“2in”/>

Currently, when we try this, width and height don’t appear to work correctly, as per the link below

Fo:external-graphic- setting size

Just wondering if the issue was ever fixed.

Cheers

Hi there,

Thanks for the inquiry, I’m afraid the reported issue is still not resolved due to some other priority tasks and complexity of issue. It’s pending in the
queue for analysis. However, I have requested the team for ETA and as soon as I
get a feedback I will update you via this forum thread.

Best Regards,

@tristans

Thanks for your patience.

We have further investigated the earlier logged issue PDFNET-31690 and found that the fo:page-sequence must have at least one fo:flow child element. Otherwise no page body can be generated, naturally.

fo:static-content itself is intended to be used for specifying the repeating header or footer or something like that. So if no page content is specified then no output can be generated. So this is not a bug in our API but in the XML structure. Please use XML structure as per the above suggestions and in case you still face any issue, feel free to let us know.