Followed hyperlinks color

Hi,

How can i manage followed hyperlinks color changing in xlsx document? When i create hyperlink in Excel app it changing a color after clicking on it. But the hyperlink created via aspose.cells doesnt change it’s color after cliking. Can’t find any property responsible for it.

Best regards,
Kamil.

Hi Kamil,

Thank you for pointing this out. I have been able to notice the said behaviour therefore I have raised this incident with the product team under the ticket CELLSNET-45008 . Please spare us little time to properly analyze the case and revert back with updates in this regard.

C#

//Instantiate a new Workbook object. 
Aspose.Cells.Workbook workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(); 
//Get the First sheet. 
Aspose.Cells.Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0]; 

//Define A1 Cell. 
Aspose.Cells.Cell cell = worksheet.Cells[“A1”]; 
//Add a hyperlink to it. 
int index = worksheet.Hyperlinks.Add(“A1”, 1, 1, “http://www.aspose.com/”); 
worksheet.Hyperlinks[index].TextToDisplay = “Aspose Site!”; 
worksheet.Hyperlinks[index].ScreenTip = “Click to go to Aspose site”; 

//Save the excel files.
workbook.Save(dir + “Hyperlink_test.xlsx”);
workbook.Save(dir + “Hyperlink_test.xls”);

Thank you for answer. I will be waiting for updates.

Best regards,
Kamil.
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45008 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

Hi,

Unfortunatly I can’t use it because this version hasn’t necessary support to work with aspose via COM interop. My code works via COM with Aspose.Cells 9.0.0 and doesn’t work with 16.12.0/16.12.2 (can’t get Worksheet object).

Do you will support COM interop in future in your product or this direction isn’t interesting for your team?

Best regards,
Kamil

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Why the latest versions are not working with your earlier application? We do not support COM interop. However, you can create a wrapper assembly around Aspose.Cells assembly which exposes itself as COM object and then use it in your application. Besides, we are working over the development of Aspose.Cells for C++ which does not have at the moment all the features but it can be used by advanced users for creating COM objects.

Hi,

shakeel.faiz:
Why the latest versions are not working with your earlier application?

I have a .NET 4.0 wrapper assembly around Aspose.Cells. It has a public COM method:
public object GetAsposeCellsWorksheet(string fileName, int worksheet)
{
return new Workbook(fileName).Worksheets[worksheet];
}
With Aspose.Cells 9.0.0 this method called via COM return me a "_Worksheet" interface (or object). With 16.12.0/16.12.2 versions its return me a "Unknown" object.

Hi,

Thanks for clarification of the issue and using Aspose.Cells.

We have provided you multiple dlls. Out of which one is compiled in .NET 2.0 and other is compiled in .NET 4.0. Did you try both of them? Are both of them having this problem?

Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

If your problem persists with both of above newer versions, then please provide us some simple (preferably console) application projects (one with the older version which is working fine and the other with the newer version which is not working) that we could run at our end and replicate this issue. We will look into it and the log the issue for a fix. Thanks for your cooperation in this regard and have a good day.

Hi,

Yes, both new versions doesn’t work in my case.

In attachments you can find:
1. Test type library that is using Aspose.Cells 9.0.0
2. Test.vbs script for testing library.

First, you have to register library (just compile the project and it’s will be done). Second, run vbs script Test.vbs. You will see message box “it works!”. Then, replace Aspose.Cells library in progect reverences with new version (just replace the file and recompile the project). Next, please run Test.vbs again. You will see the error because Worksheet1 is null.

Best regards,
Kamil.

Hi,

We are afraid, we have dropped the support of COM now and also marked the related articles as obsolete and will remove them soon.

Please see this thread/post for your reference. Now, you cannot use Aspose.Cells directly, you will have to create a Wrapper Assembly around it. It will give you more control and flexibility and you can modify Wrapper Assembly as per your needs. Thanks for your understanding and have a good day.

Hi,

Thank you for answer.
Please update your documentation as soon as you can, because it misinforms your customers.

Best regards,
Kamil.

Hi,

Please spare us sometime. I will remove all of them in April 2017 in case I do not find any repercussions of removing them. However, I have added the note on them as Obsolete. Besides, wrapper assembly, you can also create Web Service to deal with your problem.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45008) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.