Font and Spacing Inconsistency Inserting Documents into Master Document

I am working on a project in which I have a Word document with several merge fields on it. The contents of a different document is into each merge field (i.e. merge field #1 is replaced by the contents of document #1, etc). This works well enough, except that in one field, the resulting line spacing that is too far apart, and in the two remaining fields, one keeps the font of the parent document and one uses the font of the parent document, although I am doing the merge field insertion in exactly the same way.

I have recently upgrade from Aspose.Words 5.2.0.0 to 8.1.1.0, but I get similar results in both cases. Can you give me some indication of what to do to fix the problem? I can provide sample code and documents if necessary.

Thank you,

Eric Pohl

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your request. It would be great if you provide simple code and document, which will allow me to reproduce the problem on my side. I will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards.

Alexey,

Thank you for you quick reply. I am attaching the sample code minus the license file. When you run the program, it creates a document called Result.docx in the Files subfolder. If you compare the fonts and spacing in that file to the individual field content files, you should see behavior I described earlier.

Thanks,

Eric

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards.

Hi,
We have fixed the problem with fonts changing and will release in a few days.
But we will not (cannot) fix the “problem” of line spacing changing. The issue is that in your destination document there is a large default line spacing for the document is specified. But in the source document there is no line spacing specified explicitly at all. Therefore when you copy such text into the destination document it assumes line spacing of the destination document.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13239) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(34)