Font bold weight changes randomly for the same PDF export

Hello,

I have Aspose Slide Java, version 20.2 (latest version), installed on Mac OS Catalina.
I did several exports of the same PowerPoint to PDF and I get two different results.
One with texts bolder than the other. The bolder one is the correct one.
I used a software (PDF Studio 2019) to get the properties of the text for each slides.
For the correct PDF (bolder), the outline width = 2
For the other one, the outline width = 1.067

Here the related code

public ByteArrayOutputStream convertToPdf(InputStream is) throws PdfConversionException {
    Presentation pres = new Presentation(is);
    try (ByteArrayOutputStream os = new ByteArrayOutputStream()) {
        pres.save(os, SaveFormat.Pdf);
        return os;
    } catch (IOException e) {
        throw new PdfConversionException("Could not convert PowerPoint to PDF", e);
    }
}

I tried that export many times (like 50 times), I have mainly non-bold results.
Did you already identify that issue?
Do you know some workarounds?
Since the results are randoms, I am sure the problems is not coming from my code, which is very minimal.
Moreover, I have been able to reproduce the issue on Linux and docker using Linux.

@totototo123456,

I have observed the issue shared by you and suggest you to please try using latest Aspose.Slides for .NET 20.4 on you end. In case there is still an issue then please share the source file, generated PDF and used sample code with us.

Thank you for you quick reply.

I switched to version Java 20.4 and the issue remains.
I have been able to reproduce the random bold weight issue.

Please find:

@totototo123456,

I have observed the issue shared and its kind of weird. However, I have created an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-38105 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve it. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Just to be sure you have all the information, the issue is produced in Java, not in .NET. (if it makes any differences).

@totototo123456,

I have linked the Java based ticket with this thread.

Hello, the issue has the status Feedback.
What does that mean exactly ?

@totototo123456,

We have investigated the issue on our end and have not been able to reproduce this issue on MacOS Catalina. The problem seems to be related to combination of installed fonts. Could he share information about your Linux environment?

1. Linux version
  2. JDK version
  3. List of used fonts (if he can share the archive with his fonts, it will be much better)
  4. Sample project

@totototo123456

If there is still issue incurring on your end, can you please share the requested information.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-38105) have been fixed in this update.