Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Font is not found in /usr/local/share/fonts

Using Java Words 11.9. According to this the default font location includes /usr/local/share/fonts. I placed a font there, restarted my app server, but it is not picked up. I moved the font to /usr/share/fonts, restarted my app server, and it was found. The app specifically does NOT override the default font paths via the FontSettings class.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your inquiry. Well, it could be that this behaviour is specific to the Linux distribution you’re using on your side. The default behaviour of Aspose.Words of locating the Font works for most Linux distributions; but, it is not guaranteed to work all of the time. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Can you ask the developers how Words would determine if /usr/local/share/fonts is used or not?

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your request. Sure, we will further look into the details of this problem and will update you as soon as we have extra information on this. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your patience.

Currently if SystemFontSource is specified on Unix Aspose.Words checks the directories ‘/usr/share/fonts’, ‘/usr/local/share/fonts’, ‘/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts’ one by one in order. If the first directory exists Aspose.Words takes it and won’t check the remaining two. Otherwise, if the first directory doesn’t exist, Aspose.Words then checks the next directory and so on. So, if both directories ‘/usr/share/fonts’ and ‘/usr/local/share/fonts’ exist then Aspose.Words uses ‘/usr/share/fonts’.

Please let us know if you’ve any suggestions or if we can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Hi Eric,

It is to update you that I have logged a new issue in our bug tracking system. This is to make some improvements to scan all directories (instead of one) for Fonts in Linux distributions. The issue ID is WORDSJAVA-661. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Excellent. Thanks for logging this issue.

Hi Eric,

Rest assured, we will keep you informed of the status of this issue and let you know once it is resolved.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-661) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.