Font kerning/size seems to be off (times new roman- calibri- book antiqua)

Hi,
I applied for a trial license Aspose Word for Java and downloaded the 1.1.7 release.
We’re planning to use it to automatically convert Word files to PDF (This will be the bulk of the work)

What we’re seeing right now is somewhat disturbing:
Many fonts render wrong/ different from the way they are rendered by MSWord (on screen as well as saved as PDF from Word)

This causes radically different page layouts (later) in the document.

Among the fonts that are rendering different are Times New Roman, Calibri, Book Antiqua.

Can you confirm this issue, or do i need to compile a sample document to show the problem.

On the bright side: this is a pretty impressive library!

Best regards,
Gerard

Hi
Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your document here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

2 documents attached: source doc, and (my) resulting pdf as was generated by Aspose.

thanx for the quick reply

These documents have only Book Antiqua, but the other fonts show similar defects; sizing seems to be off.

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please note that when you render documents to fixed-page formats e.g. PDF, Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts to be installed on the system (OS). Please make sure, if the desired fonts are installed on your side? Moreover, you can specify the location of the folder that contains the font by using the following code snippet:

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "Rendering.doc");
// Set fonts to be scanned for under the specified directory. Do not search within folders nested this folder.
FontSettings.SetFontsFolder(@"C:\MyFonts</span>", false);
doc.Save(MyDir + "SetFontsFolder Out.pdf");

I hope, this will help.

Best Regards,

Hi Awais,

You’re totally right; i was ‘sure’ that i had all book antiqua fonts installed. It turned out to be that i had: italics, bold and bold-italics. I will lookup the regular version and rerun the test.

Thanx for the quick reply!

Regards,

Gerard