Font name of symbols are incorrectly imported into DOM using .NET

Hello
I have a document with symbols. When I am in microsoft word, all fonts including for special characters is shown as “Calibri”. However if I open and save this file with Aspose.Words, in generated document, special characters are shown with “Symbol” font. What is reason for it.symbol_font.zip (17.6 KB)

Regards
Raj

@crshekharam

We have re-saved the shared DOCX and managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-20366 . You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@crshekharam

It is to inform you that the issue which you are facing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue (WORDSNET-20366) as ‘Not a Bug’.

Problematic character is legacy character representation. Actually MS Word uses Symbol font for this character regardless it shows in UI. Aspose.Words parses such characters into Run text during loading and tries to restore original representation on saving but in Aspose.Words’ DOM we have simple Run with actual font.