We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Font not being rendered properly from digitally signed Word document

We have a program that is rendering a PDF from a digitally signed Word document. Our client wanted to use a cursive font on the signature line. This works fine in Word, but when converted using Aspose.Words it just renders it as a sans-serif font. See the attached Word document to view the signature line. View the last page of the attached PDF to view the rendered result. Why is this happening? Is this a known bug? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is there anything you can do to fix this? I am using the current version of Aspose.Words (6.6.0).

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. I suppose text “John TestOne” should be cursive. Is that right? As I can see “Brush Script Std” font is used. Could you please attach this font here for testing? I will check the issue and provide you more information.

Please note, if you need to use some font upon converting document to PDF, this font should be installed on your PC.

Best regards.

Yes, John TestOne should be in cursive as it appears in the Word document. I have attached the font that I am using. If you look up a couple of pages in the PDF file, you will see that the font is being used for the signer page also. However, that page is being generated with ABCPdf from HTML and is not using Aspose.Words. Just proof that it is installed and working on the server.

I see in the list of bug fixes for the current version that there was something about a fix for font names with spaces in them. Could this be the same issue but was not addressed in digital signatures?

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem with “Brush Script Std” font on my side. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards.

Thanks! If a faster solution for me would be to use a different script font, I would rather do that than wait for a patch. Let me know if that is an option. If it is, what font I should use?

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. You can try using “Brush Script MT” font. I attached font and sample documents.

Best regards.

I tried that font, but got the same result. In your example files, you simply entered some text onto the document. The problem seems to be only when the font used for a digital signature.

Could you please attach your modified document and output PDF? “Brush Script MT” font works fine on my side.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10255) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.