Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Font Size is set to 1pt when table cell contains no text

Hi all,

we are using aspose.words.jasperreports in its current version (from 25.09.2009) to export JasperReports into MS-Word format. We experience that the font size within table cells in the generated word document is font-size=1pt when the cell contains no text. Even if a space is entered, the size is not correctly assigned to the table cell. As soon as you have some visible text in the cell everything is fine.

The effect can easily be seen when using the following sql in a very simple table report (attached):

select ID, null as TEXT from SOME_TABLE where rownum <10

Is that a known issue? It is a little bit cumbersome when working with the document afterwards.

Help in this respect would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I logged your request into our defect database. The developer, who is responsible for Aspose.Words for JasperReports will answer you shortly.

Best regards.

Hi again,

any chance that there will be a reply on this? Am I the only one with these kind of problems?

Thx in advance

Thorsten

Hi,

Sorry for delay. I am looking into your issue right at the moment.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have the same problem and I am also interested in the solution.

Thanks,

libero

Hello,

any news about this issue?

Thanks,

libero

Libero,

Could you please attach some .jrprint file illustrating the issue as well? I've been trying to reproduce the issue with your document from the other thread (that has to do with frames) but it contains too little data to understand if this is the issue.

Thanks.

I have the same issue when a a jasper “text field” component in the report is empty or when its only with spaces. ¿Is there any solution?

We are very interested in our product, but that issue is a big problem.

thanks in advance.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your jrprint file here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Thanks for your answer and your time,
Ok, there’s the jrprint and docx files attached. The problem is: when the “text field” has no content, the word document lose the font type and font size.
In the docx I’m sending you, if you write with ms word at right of word "Organismo: " the size of the font is very small 5px and Tymes new Roman.
But in the original jrxml the font is 9px and Sanserif. If you need it i can send you .

thanks again

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I asked the developer who is responsible for Aspose.Words for Jasper Reports to take a look at this issue.

Best regards,

is there any new about this?, thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
Unfortunately the problem is not solved yet. We'll keep you informed on any development of this issue.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. I asked the responsible developer to take a look at your issue. Please expect a reply within few days. I apologize for inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,
did you look at this issue? I need a solution in order to choose your product for a project.
Thanks

Hello. I have the same problem as discussed. When a field has no value, just change the size and font. Have you found any solution to this?, waiting for news …
thank’s

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. I asked the responsible developer to take a look at this issue shortly. He will get back to you shortly. I apologize for inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hello, has the responsible developer taken a look at this issue?,
I’m waiting much time, is there any posibility to obtain a technichal response?

thanks

Hi,

Sorry for delay. I will provide you with a hotfix addressing this issue in a few hours.

Hi,

Please try out the attached build. It sets empty cells font size to a default value rather tham 1pt. Let me know if it works on your end.

Thanks.