We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Font source could not be opened (Exception in Pdf.Save method)

Today I made the giant leap in updates from Aspose.Pdf v4.8 to version 6.9. I'm now getting an exception in Pdf.Save() that reads:

Font source could not be opened: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts/

I'm not sure why it would be looking for that path. It appears to be a Linux path but I'm running this all in a Windows environment. Is there some new property I'm overlooking that needs to be set?

Thanks.

Hi David,

Thanks for using our products.

Can you please share some details regarding sample source code and template documents you are using or create a sample application and post here to show the issue. This will help us to identify the issue and get the cause of the issue soon.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Here is some test code that is repeatedly exceptioning in a standard ASPX WebForm.

protected void Page_Load(object
sender, EventArgs e)
{
Pdf pdf1 = new
Pdf();

Section
sec1 = pdf1.Sections.Add();

Text txt = new
Text(“Some
Text”
);

sec1.Paragraphs.Add(txt);



MemoryStream
ms = new MemoryStream();

pdf1.SetUnicode();

pdf1.Save(ms);

}<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p></o:p>

Just add a reference to the Aspose.Pdf v6.9.

Thanks.

Hi David,

Thank you for sharing the sample source code. I tested the scenario with your sample source code using Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.9 and unable to face any exception. Resultant file is attached for your reference. However, to exactly replicate your issue at our end, we would appreciate, if you create a sample application and post here to show the issue. This will help us to regenerate the issue and get the cause of the issue soon.We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Ok, two days later I've tracked down the issue. The problem appears to be a collision of "AppSettings" in the Web.Config file.

Our application is using an AppSetting named "TempFolder". When the setting is present, we receive the "Font source could not be opened." message.

I have attached a sample project that includes both my original test sample code (posted previously) and a simple web.config with the one app setting present.

Hi David,

Thank you sharing the details and sample application with us.

I tested the scenario and able to notice the same problem. For rectification, I logged this problem with ID: PDFNEWNET-33585 in our Issue Tracking System. We will further look into the details of this issue and will keep you updated via this forum thread on the status of correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33585) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.3.0.

Blog post for this release can be viewed over this link


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
Hi David,

As stated above, your reported issue has been fixed. Please use new DOM approach to create PDF document, It will help you to accomplish the task.


Document doc = new Document();
Page page = doc.Pages.Add();
TextFragment txt = new TextFragment("Some Text");
page.Paragraphs.Add(txt);
MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream();
doc.Save(ms);

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,