Fonts problems in 16.10.0

Font handling is broken again in 16.10.0. My server only has a small number of fonts installed. Some of the presentations we generate use fonts that are not installed on the server. This has worked fine for 8 years. I updated the library to 16.10.0 and now I see errors like this:

java.lang.Exception: class com.aspose.slides.ms.pbdb106a0.i: Font 'Arial' does not support style 'Regular'
com.aspose.slides.ms.pbdb106a0.p6a2feef8.p.do(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.ms.pbdb106a0.p6a2feef8.p.(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.FontsLoader.do(Unknown Source)

Can you explain what's going on please?

Note: there is NO source presentation. The app generates presentations from scratch. To reproduce use a font name not installed in your environment.

Here is some code you can use. Substitute Arial with a font you know is not installed in your environment.

<pre style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Courier New”; font-size: 9pt;”>final IPresentation p = PresentationFactory
.getInstance()
.createPresentation();
final ISlide slide = p.getSlides().get_Item(0);
final IAutoShape shape = slide.getShapes().addAutoShape(
ShapeType.Rectangle, 0, 0, 100, 100);
shape.getTextFrame().setText(“Test”);
final IPortionFormat portionFormat =
shape.getTextFrame().getParagraphs()
.get_Item(0).getParagraphFormat()
.getDefaultPortionFormat();
portionFormat.setLatinFont(new FontData(“Arial”));
p.save("/tmp/out.pptx", SaveFormat.Pptx);

Hi Shaun,

I have worked with source code shared by you and unable to reproduce the issue on window 10 environment.
I request you to please share the environment details, Java version so that we can investigate issue in details.

Best Regards,

The environment is BusyBox 1.22.1.09 and the JRE is 1.8.0-8u102.

Thanks for your help.
Hi Shaun,

I have observed your comments. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-35738 has been added in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been associated with the ticket so that we share notification with you once issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Shaun,

Our product team investigated issue on our end and unable to reproduce the issue. Can you please share following information so that we can help you out.
  • The list of installed fonts (fc-list command) or archive with these fonts
  • Fonts configuration file (fonts.conf)
  • What Linux kernel the you uses in his BusyBox?

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-35738) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.