Footer Content Inconsistency in PPT File when Extracting Text in Java (1932)

Hello,

I am writing to you about the problem we encountered in working with MSO PowerPoint document using the Aspose Slides for Java library (v21.10). We are using Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and OpenJDK 11.0.13.

There is no consistency in footer content in master/layout slides. Assert statements can not prove the visual footer content (part of text is missing).

In the attachment below, you can find the ZIP file with test code, source PPT file as well as screenshot of presentation.

Best regards!
Aleksandar

Test code and files.zip (2.1 MB)

@zpredojevic,
Thank you for reporting the issue.

I’ve reproduced the problem with retrieving the footer text from the PPT document and added a ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-38873 to our issue tracking system. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our development team will investigate the case. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-38873) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for Java 22.12 (ZIP).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.

I can confirm that the same problem is still present, either with the version it was reported with (v21.10) or with the current latest version (v23.3).
In support of that, I am sending two screenshots, while with the same code with which the problem was reported, you can confirm that the content of the footer is not consistent (even on the latest version).

v21.10.JPG (181.0 KB)
v23.3.JPG (183.8 KB)

@zpredojevic,
Actually, the footer text consists of two paragraph portions:

for (IPortion portion : autoShape.getTextFrame().getParagraphs().get_Item(0).getPortions()) {
    System.out.println(portion.getText());
}

Output:

Institut Fresnel (UMR 6133) Marseille
Institut Fresnel, Marseille

You can extract all text like this:

String text = autoShape.getTextFrame().getParagraphs().get_Item(0).getText();

The text will contain the following string:

Institut Fresnel (UMR 6133) MarseilleInstitut Fresnel, Marseille

The issue was registered because the code line above returned:

Institut Fresnel, Marseille

@andrey.potapov

It is indisputable that with the latest version (23.3), if the attached part of the code (autoShape.getTextFrame().getParagraphs().get_Item(0).getText()) is placed as the second argument in the assertion, the test passes, but the problem is not solved.

Why?

Because, as reported, the footer is still inconsistent.
Look at the attached pictures in my previous answer and you will see how it looks on the source file and how it looks on the target file (either in version 21.10 where some part is still visible, or in the latest 23.3 where none of the original content is visible), and that after the simplest open-save operation.

@zpredojevic,
Thank you for the explanation.

I reproduced the problem when saving the presentation.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESJAVA-39179

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-39179) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for Java 23.6 (JAR).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.