Footers and tabs

In the attached Word 2007 document, I added the header by hand, inserting fields and using tabs to separate them. For the footer, I used the Header-> Blank (three columns) feature.
When I load this document into the Aspose.Words sample Document Explorer app, I see that the footer has no separators between the fields. Is that correct? If so, how should I determine the layout of the fields in the footer?

Hi

Thanks for your request. The purpose of DocumentExplorer demo is showing structure of a document and demonstrating Aspose.Words DOM. It should not show document layout.
As I can see, in the header two tabs separate fields and DocumentExplorer also displays them.
Best regards.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I’m using the DocumentExplorer demo just to examine the Aspose DOM. The two tab fields in the header are what I expect to see. The unexpected result is that there are no tabs in the footer, and so when I use that DOM to generate a document (we use Aspose in our format converter), the three footer Runs are adjacent rather than left, center, and right. The footer was inserted with Word 2007’s function that inserts a three-field footer all at once, and I’m wondering what the expected DOM is. Perhaps Word is using a new DOM element, or style attributes on the Footer, that isn’t accounted for by Aspose?

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem with footer on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2932) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(57)