Footnote Numbers Wrapping Incorrectly When Converting to PDF

Hi

I am using Visual Studio 2013, and have experienced this problem with Aspose Words 16.1, 16.6, and 16.10.
It occurs in certain circumstances when I am trying to save a Document object as a PDF file. When the footnotes in the document go into double digits, and appear at the end of a line, they will often wrap around to the next line without taking the text with which they’re associated - effectively orphaning the number on the next line by itself. This does not happen when saving as a Word document, and is both inconsistent and undesirable.

While the example I am providing involves converting an existing Word document to PDF, this is also a problem when generating the document programmatically and saving as PDF, which is the primary purpose of the system I am working on. I was just unable to produce a suitable demonstration of the problem using just code.

I use the following code to convert the document to PDF:

Document doc = new Document(“FootnoteDemo.docx”);
doc.Save(“FootnoteDemo.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

I have attached both the source Word document, and the sample PDF output.

Thanks
Chris.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-14394. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-14394) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.1.0 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.1.0 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Thanks very much for this. I’ve downloaded the update, and my initial testing seems to confirm that the issue has been fixed.

I’ll notify you if subsequent testing reveals any further issues.

Thanks
Chris Fairall