Convert DOCX Word Document to PDF & Prevent Footnote Content Overlapping using C# .NET

Hi,

Do you have an update on this issue? I’m having the same issue.

@jeff_grant,

Please ZIP and upload your input Word document and Aspose.Words generated PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Attached are the Word and PDF documents. I used Aspose.Words version 18.1 to generate the PDF.
FooterIssue.zip (150.3 KB)

@jeff_grant,

We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17613. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

I noticed a Section Break (Continuous) between the first and second paragraph in the Word file I attached. I removed the break and the footnotes were formatted correctly in the PDF version. I just wanted to point that out in case it helps to resolve this bug. Also, I don’t think the Section Break (Continuous) should cause the second paragraph to be put on the next page in the PDF version. Doing a save as PDF from within Word keeps the second paragraph on the same page.

@jeff_grant,

Thanks for the details. We have logged these details in our issue tracking system. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Could I get an update on this issue?

@jeff_grant,

We have completed the analysis of this issue; but I am afraid, the implementation of the fix of this issue has been postponed till a later date. There are no estimates available at the moment. We will inform you here as soon as this issue will get resolved in future or any timeline may be available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17613) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.6 update.