Footnote with non-default number format getting changed when saved as PDF

I am having an issue with footnote numbers being changed when saving DOC/DOCX to PDF.

Please find the attached documents.

The first doc came from the customer and I’m not sure exactly how the footnote was entered. Something seems weird with it because when I look at the footnote options it has the default numbering yet the footnote symbol is “". That is converted to “(” upon saving as PDF in the reference but the actual footnote still has the "” which is inconsistent with the behavior from the next doc.

The second doc I made by myself as a sample and it is also exhibiting incorrect behavior. I made a few footnote references and selected the number format that starts with “*”. When I then save this document as PDF the footnotes are changed to default 1, 2, 3 instead of the symbols in the original document.

Our customer is considering this a serious flaw so we need to know how to mitigate this problem.

I’d appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!

Dave

Hello
Thanks for your inquiry. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. The problem occurs because Footnotes with custom marks are not supported by Aspose.Words during rendering. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is supported.
Best regards,

How can I expedite this issue? Our client is considering this a critical issue as they feel it changes the meaning of their regulated documents. What avenues do I have to get this made a high priority?

Thanks!
Dave

Hello
Thanks for your request. The only thing I can suggest you is Priority Support option. This model of support builds on our free support service but with additional things. Please follow the link to learn how to use Priority Support:
https://helpdesk.aspose.com/kb/faq/2-Developer-Business-Support-Key-Benefits-Conditions
Once you purchased Priority Support, priority of this issue will be increased (due to Priority Support). Also you will be able to access the Priority Support forums by clicking on this link:
https://helpdesk.aspose.com/index.php
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4320) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(18)