Footnotes formatting incorrectly converting to epub

I’ve tried a bunch of different Word-to-epub conversion utilities and have found problems with all of them. I like yours the best except for one problem: footnotes do not format correctly at all. With the other programs I had no trouble with them (they gave me problems with no full justification, weird line spacing, etc.).

No matter how I adjust the settings, footnotes come out as inline text at a slightly smaller font size. In other words, they are appearing as a new paragraph right after the insertion point.

Any ideas?

Hi David,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Could you please attach your input document here for testing as well as a screenshot of how you would like the footnote to appear? We will do some testing and provide you with some further feedback.

Thanks,

Hi Adam,

Here’s the Word doc I used. I was able to get the footnotes to work properly with other converters with both this file and an xml version, though as I said, they created other problems.

I can’t really produce a screenshot. The notes are superscripted in numerical order. Since footnotes don’t really work in variable length pages, they should be output as endnotes (which the other converters do). The hyperlink should link to the actual text note; the link at the note should go back to the original link.

Hope that makes sense! If not, let me know and I’ll try to clarify. Thanks for your help!

David Forbes

Hi David,

Thanks for attaching your document here.

I have tested the conversion to EPUB and the footnotes appear fairly well formatted. It would be good if you could give a comparsion as to how you are expecting them to be exported like (even a screenshot of the output from one of the other components will suffice).

Also I can see the footnotes are exported with working hyperlinks, please make sure you are using the latest verison of Aspose.Words (10.1.0). I have a sent a screenshot of the output to your inbox.

Thanks,

Thanks, Adam. Looks like I’m using Words Express 9.7. Guess I’m using the wrong converter! Oops. I’ll find the correct one and see how it works out. Thanks.

Hi David,

Thanks for this additional information.

My apologises, I didnt't realise you were using Express. There is only one active version of Express at any one time. The next version, which will be built off Aspose.Words 10.2.0 will be released shortly just after the next release of Aspose.Words. This should be with in the next day or so.

Thanks,

Hi Adam,

In looking things over, it doesn’t make sense for me to buy the full version. This is just a one-time personal project. Any chance of getting this to work in the Express version? Thanks.

Ah, our messages just crossed. I’ll wait for the next version of Express and give that a shot. Thanks!

David

Hi David,

Just incase you haven't seen, a new version of Express has been released.

Please let me know how you go regarding your issue. I will be glad to assist you with any queries you may have.

Thanks,

Hi Adam,

Can you point me to the correct download page? This is all I can find:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/69/free-utilities/aspose.words-express/full.aspx

And it has a “last updated” date of March, 2011. A site search isn’t helping. I am probably missing something but this is the only page I can find. Thanks!

David

Ah, never mind. I just saw that it’s version 1.1. My mistake!

Downloading now…

David

Hi David,

Yes, that is the correct link. Please let us know how you go.

Thanks,

Hi Adam,

Seems to have fixed my issues. Thanks again for the nice little software package!

Regards,

David