Form Controls corrupting on saving PPTX (C# .NET)

Accepted :slight_smile:

Well in fact I have still the following issue:
I need to insert any kind of field where I can place tags so I can replace the content for the field each time the document gets processed.

In Word I already implemented successfully this feature using FormFields supported well by Aspose.Words.

So for PowerPoint I can:

• user ActiveX controls
  • OR insert text areas (but can not define a name for this in PowerPoint - at least do not know how)
  • OR embed a Word in PowerPoint and update Word + preview image for my fields (already doing this solution in Excel using Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Words)

So help me make one solution work and all is fine…

PS: Already posted several posts about this on different topics. But hardly to find them with the new forum.

@rausch,

I suggest you to please visit Working with ActiveX controls documentation section and see if it suits your requirement. You have provision to include text fields as per your requirement as well.

Good suggestion but working with ActiveX using Slides results in a corrupted PowerPoint file.
There is a bug report already like 1.5 years ago.

@rausch,

Can you please provide source code, source presentation and generated presentation that I may test using latest version on my end to reproduce the issue.

Huch? This post contains source code, test files, etc. also the linked 2 bugs reported. So you should have all you need. Or the files, etc. are lost with the forum migration? If so, I collect the data again…

@rausch,

Please accept my apologies for inconvenience on your end. You are right that we have already logged two issues associated with thread based on your information. The said issues are blocked owing to missing support in Aspose.Slides. I had a feeling if you are having some newer issue with latest API. We will share feedback with you as soon as the issues will be fixed.

Hello,

my renewal is on the decision desktop.
Have a few pending bugs in Aspose for PowerPoint and Word that are open since many months now…
Can you please give me a feedback, PowerPoint is not able for usage for me atm for my purpose…

@rausch,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the concerned issues will be resolved (owing to complexities in API) no sooner than Q2 of 2018. We request for your patience till the time the support will be available in API.

OK, but it will be fixed or is that currently a “maybe”?

@rausch,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that we are very positive regarding this issue that will be resolved in Q2 of 2018. I request for your patience until issue get resolved.

1 Like

Any news since it is been a while and PowerPoint is still not usable for us

@rausch,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the concerned issues was going to be resolved (owing to complexities in API) no sooner than Q2 of 2018. But this issue is more important to you so we have raised issue priority. We will share good news with you soon.

Hello,

any news, since I don’t have any info it is working now.

@rausch,

We are sorry for your inconvenience. Unfortunately, the concerned issues are still unresolved. However, I have requested for further updates in our issue tracking system and will get back to you with feedback as soon as possible.

@rausch,

We have internally investigated the requirement and current tentative ETA for issues SLIDESNET-34966 and SLIDESNET-36103 is Q3 of 2019. We will share the good news with you as soon as the issues will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-36103) have been fixed in this update.