Formart of RTF is not retained

Hi,

we use your product to convert RTF file to PDF. attached file is one of our input file.
while Converting this document, formatting of input file is not retained. can you please suggest a solution.

here is the code for the same:

// Open the stream. Read only access is enough for Aspose.Words to load a document.
Stream stream = File.OpenRead(inputFile);

// Instantiate the Workbook object
// Load the entire document into memory
Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(inputFile);

// You can close the stream now, it is no longer needed because the document is in memory.
stream.Close();

// Convert the document to a different format and save to stream.
using (MemoryStream dstStream = new MemoryStream())
{
doc.Save(dstStream, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);

// Rewind the stream position back to zero so it is ready for the next reader.
dstStream.Position = 0;

File.WriteAllBytes(outputFile, dstStream.ToArray());
}

Thanks,
jayaram

Hi Jayaram,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 14.10.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-11123. Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Hafeez,

Any update?

Thanks,
Jayaram
Hi Jayaram,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this issue is not resolved yet. The issue actually depends on the resolution of an internal extremely complex issue (WORDSNET-832). Therefore, WORDSNET-11123 is postponed until at least WORDSNET-832 is resolved, our development team will review your issue after the first iteration of WORDSNET-832 is ready. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

Procuring the Aspose.Total is within our legal team and we have committed to our clients that we will be supporting the below mentioned file types.
“|doc|txt|pdf|RTF|jpg|jpeg|gif|bmp|tif|docx|”

Our next GA is planned on Jan 24th 2015 and it would be great if you can provide a resolution for this at the earliest.

Thanks
Jayaram

Hi Jayaram,

Thanks for your request. We have asked the ETA of this issue from our development team and will update you as soon as any estimates are available.

Best regards,

Hi Jayaram,

Unfortunately we cannot give a precise estimation at the moment. We are currently working on the table grid and we hope that fixed table layout for the cases we understand will be released during the first half of 2015. This particular case is handled by the current code on the WORDSNET-832 branch, so there is a good chance that it will be fixed in the first release of table layout. This is just an estimation. We still have too many issues to sort out before we can name the concrete release date. You may try re-saving the document via MS Word as a workaround. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11123) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.5 update also available on NuGet.