Exception "Input string was not in a correct format" on saving of PDF

Hi,

We are getting either a “FormatException Input string was not in a correct format.” or somtimes a “attempted to divide by zero” error on saving a PDF file with added text layer.

I created a .Net test application that uses the pdf and ocr xml file bin/debug folder. The error occurs on the Aspose.Pdf.Document Save function.

WindowsFormsApp2.zip (971.5 KB)

Is there a problem with our code or the ocr data that causes this?

@andreas4e47b

We have logged an investigation ticket as PDFNET-47480 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into details of this scenario and keep you posted with the status of ticket resolution. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi, can you give me an update about this issue? Is there a solution in sight? What is the timeframe expected for a solution? Thanks.

@andreas4e47b,

Thanks for contacting support.

We like to inform that issue has been added recently in our issue tracking system and in Aspose.PDF forum the issues are selected for investigation on first come first serve basis. Also the first priority for scheduling and resolution is given to paid Enterprise and priority support customers. Then Aspose.PDF normal or free support customers issues are scheduled and resolved on first come and first come serve basis. We will share the further information with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

Thank you Adnan, I will pass it on.

@andreas4e47b,

You are very welcome.

Hi, this issue occurs on 30% of all the pdf documents they process with our software. We are urgently in need for a solution.

If we would upgrade to Paid Support, would the issue be processed faster, and could you give us a 100% warranty that the issue would be solved?

Naturally we do not want to buy the Paid Support and that get the answer that this problem can not be solved.

Thanks

@andreas4e47b

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please note that paid support does not guarantee immediate resolutions but yes, investigation and analysis process becomes faster in terms of ETA and issue resolution. In case you purchase paid support, your issue will be escalated to respective priority level and will be handled on urgent basis.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-47480) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.11.