Formatting issues in converting PDF to DOCX

Hi, I am using AsposeWord version 24.1.0.0 and .Net Framework 4.7.2.

I have a PDF file that I want to convert into a Docx file so that I can utilize the proper formatting tools available in MS Word.

In Asp.Net, when I try to convert this pdf into Docx, I have formatting issues in editing the Docx file in MS Word. However, when I convert the PDF to DOCX online from the Aspose web app, the resulting document works perfectly fine.

Following is the .Net code I am using.

Document docXDocument = new Document("PdfFileName");
string finalDocument = "output.docx";
docXDocument.Save(finalDocument, SaveFormat.Docx ); // PDF to DOCX

This is the input PDF.
Input.pdf (73.4 KB)

This is the converted document from Asp.Net code
output Dot Net.docx (25.8 KB)

This is the document converted online.
output Online.docx (24.6 KB)

Formatting issues: In the attached Word file, try to add some text against the “Hospitals:” label.

Thanks!

@araaku Please note, MS Word documents are flow documents and they have structure very similar to Aspose.Words Document Object Model. On the other hand PDF documents are fixed page format documents. While conversion PDF document to MS Word document Fixed Page Document structure into the Flow Document Object Model. Unfortunately, such conversion does not guaranty 100% fidelity. So it is not always possible to retain PDF document layout to MS Word document.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-26465

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thank you for the prompt response. Your response makes sense but I am wondering why converting the same PDF to Word from your online app doesn’t have the formatting issues.

@araaku There are two Aspose products, which support PDF to DOCX conversion - Aspose.Words and Aspose.PDF. Most likely you are using Aspose.PDF app for online conversion.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-26465) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 24.2 update also available on NuGet.