We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Formatting issues (xls to pdf)

Dear all, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please compare the two attached pdf files. The first one was drawn up by using Aspose.Cells version 4.8.2.9 and the second one was created by using Aspose.Cells 4.9.0.4. There are two major differences visible

- The chart width in the second file is narrower then the chart width in first file. (21 vs. 23 cm). It is also obvious that the vertical label on the bottom right side of the chart is placed more left in the second file

- Pages 2 and 3 contain a long excel sheet where the first row is used as a repeating header. In the second file the formatting options of the header are lost on each page that is not the starting point of the table.

Another point is the file size. Since the new version is available, pdf file are much larger the before.

Please find attached the two (identical) input excel files, too.

Would it be possible to fix the first two issues by this Thursday? At the moment it is quite hard to use new Aspose versions. There is one thing fixed that you need but there are also a lot of “new / old” bugs available…..

Regards

Erik

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the files.

We will further investigate your issue and get back to you soon. Your issue has been registered in our internal issue tracking system with issue id: CELLSNET-16472.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Please try the attached version. We have fixed it according to the Excel 2007 print
preview.

Thank you.

Hi, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

with the new version, two issues are fixed:

- Chart size and location

- Header for long tables

But with the new version there are also two new issues.

- the vertical label on the right side is placed on the following page (page break à see page 2 & 3)

- Some images in the header are not displayed in the correct way (see page 1).

We use MS Excel 2002. The print preview looks fine!

Please fix these issues as soon as possible. I need a running system on next Monday!

Thanks and regards

Erik

Hi,

"Some images in the header
are not displayed in the correct way (see page 1).

We found the issue and will figure it out soon. Also, we will investigate your first mentioned issue: " the vertical label on the right side is placed on the
following page (page break
à see page 2 & 3)” whether it is an issue or not.

We have re-opened your case again. Once we have sorted out, we will let you know about it.

Thank you.

Hi,

By the way, we found your template excel files have some strange
behavior in the named range and print area. How
do you generate these template files, and please provide us the
sample code. We will check it as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Hi,

what do you mean with "we found your template excel files have some strange behavior in the named range and print area" Can you please give me an example?

Regards

Erik

Hi,

Well, when I open your template excel file into MS Excel (e.g 2007), I got an error: Name Conflict dialog box appears, it says: “Name cannot be the same as built in name”… Old name: Print_Area, New Name : ___________________ and we need to specify the new name in its text box (we provide any dummy name) and then it opens the file into MS Excel.

I have also attached the screen_shot.

Thank you.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hi,

Unfortunately I’m unable to reproduce the issue on my pc. I will try to figure it out on a pc with Excel 2007. In some situation I use Aspose to determine the print area of a worksheet (long tables). Therefore I use the following lines of code:

int maxrow = ws.Cells.MaxDataRow + 1;

SetzeHintergrundFarbeKomplett(ws, 7, maxrow, 12);

ws.PageSetup.PrintArea = "A1:L" CellsHelper.RowIndexToName(maxrow).ToString();

Regards

Erik

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16472) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

the issues discussed at the end of this thread are not fixed.

Rergards

Erik

Hi,

Please try the attached version, we have fixed the image issue on the first page.

Thank you.

Hi,

And, for the issue i.e…, “… the vertical label on the right side is placed on
the following page (page break
à see page 2 & 3)…”,
this issue is caused by you set wrong print_area in the template, Please fix the duplicate print_area/named range name in
the original template file.

Thank you.

Hi, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

the image issue is fixed. But I have no idea how to deal with the second point. I don’t get any hint that there is name conflict between print areas. Can you please send me the rectified file (example.xls). I removed all page breaks and print areas and also set the new print area of the chat slide. But with now effect. The pdf file looks always the same way…

Thanks in advance

Erik

<span style=“font-size: 11pt; font-family: “Calibri”,“sans-serif”; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);”>Hi,

Could you show us your sample code and give us complete details how you created the example.xls file?
There are two print area settings in the first worksheet.

Thank you.

I’m using a template file to set up each required report. The first worksheet represents cover sheet. The only thing the application does with this sheet is to add some texts into predefined cell areas

ws.Cells[46, 0].PutValue(mReportSpezifikation.BezeichnungErweitert);

ws.Cells[53, 0].PutValue(mReportSpezifikation.ErstellendeAbteilung);

ws.Cells[53, 44].PutValue(mReportSpezifikation.OrtDeckblattAusgabe);

Today I removed the first sheet from the example file. But the format of the resulting pdf file is still not ok. Why am I facing this problem since version 4.9.x? I haven’t changed the template file nor have I changed my source code. Maybe you can check the adapted example file (without cover sheet)

Regards

Erik

Hi,
Thanks for providing us further details with sample files.

We will further investigate your issue and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

<span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “Calibri”,“sans-serif”;”>Hi,

Please try the fix (attached). We have added a new method Names.RemoveDuplicateNames() to remove duplicate names:

Sample code:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

workbook.Open(@“F:\FileTemp\example.xls”);

workbook.Worksheets.Names.RemoveDuplicateNames();

//…
By the way, we still want to know how to create your example.xls file. Please share use some code segments, then we will be able to know why there are such duplicate names.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Also, we get the same results as MS Excel. Please see the attached screen shots.

Thank you.

As said before I’m using an existing .xls file as a template for each report. To provide examples to all found issues I’m copying files from a report to a file called example.xls. I used this procedure during the last year to report issues to Aspose. Because you never realized this problem before I believe that there was something wrong with the copying process that results in the issue with the duplicate names.

In the last post you wrote “Also, we get the same results as MS Excel. Please see the attached screen shots.” Please take a look at my MS Excel screenshots. As you can see, the report is displayed correctly. Does this problem refers to the different Excel versions (we are using MS Excel 2002 SP 3) and are you able to solve this issue?

Regards

Erik