Formatting lost when converting docx to pdf

Hi,

I am trying to convert word document to pdf using Aspose. I tried using almost all
versions. The document is losing its formatting.

When i convert word to pdf using microsoft plugin to convert to pdf, it is converting properly,. But fails with Aspose.

The document contains arabic text which has continuous section breaks and Justify which have extended arabic text.

Please find the document attached. Kindly help as soon as possible.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-11360. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,
Is there any update on this issue. By when we can expect a fix for this… We need to deploy it immediately, as we had purchased product license as well
Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. We have asked the ETA of this issue from our development team and will update you as soon as any estimates are available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

Any update on this issue?

Regards.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Our development team has completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been identified. However, the implementation of the fix of this issue has been postponed till a later date. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi

Can you let me know what is the root cause of this issue? Also can you give any visibility on its resolution or what priority you have assigned to it?

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. The problem occurs because when justify low/medium/high option is selected for Arabic text, a special kind of justification called kashida is performed. In contrast to white-space justification, kashida justification is accomplished by elongating characters at certain chosen points. The characters are elongated by appending a number of glyphs resembling “ـ”.

The kashida justification can’t be supported now because Aspose.Words has limited support for fonts. Specifically, the glyphs of the Arial font used for elongating have glyph ID (1127) but have no code point.

The glyph for the elongation is specified in JSTF table (at least in Arial and Times New Roman).

Support for such glyphs will be added once OpenType advanced typography is resolved as per WORDSNET-6633.

Secondly, since you reported this issue via Aspose.Words’ normal Forum, WORDSNET-11360 was logged with ‘Normal Priority’ in our issue tracking system and when an issue is reported via normal (free) support forum we make no promises about estimations on when a fix can/will be delivered.

PS: If this issue is important to you, and for the fast resolution of this issue, please have a look at enhanced support options - e.g. purchasing Priority Support will allow you to post your issues in our Priority Support forum and raise the priority of this issue directly with our development teams, if possible, we will then aim to get a resolution to your issue as soon as we can. Many Priority Support customers find that this leads to their issue being fixed in the next release of the software.

If you would like to take advantage of Enhanced Support then please request a quote in our purchase forum -https://forum.aspose.com/c/purchase/6

Best regards,

@awais.hafeez , We are facing the same issue. I raised a question for the same last week under " Kashida styles not working, when converting word to pdf" topic.
Can I ask any update on above.

@savinda90 As I already mentioned in your original post, Kashida feature is not yet supported by Aspose.Words layout engine. Once this feature is implemented we will notify you in your original thread.