Formatting of Full Stops (all squished up)

I seemed to have a problem when ASPOSE sends the document to the printer in that where I use a line of full stops for people to put there signature on it seems to squeeze them all up. Looking at the document in Word it looks fine but when printed through ASPOSE not so fine.

Examples attached

Thanks in advance for help.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words 14.10.0 from the following link:

https://downloads.aspose.com/words/net

In case the problem still remains, please attach your input Word document here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Awais

I have sent you a message with the input file attached.

Thanks
JP

I also have an issue with txt boxes not appearing with the same input file I sent you. If you could look into this it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. After an initial test with Aspose.Words 14.10.0, I was unable to reproduce these issues on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from the following link. I hope, this helps.

https://downloads.aspose.com/words/net

In case the problem still remains on your side, please attach ‘Univers LT Std 45 Light’ font for further testing.

Best regards,

We are running on the latest version.

Did the txt box also print out ok for you?

Currious as to how you tested this if you don’t have the Univers LT Std 45 Light font.

thanks for your help

I have sent the fonts through.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

After installing your font on my machine and while using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 14.10.0, I managed to reproduce the issue you mentioned in your first post (full stops issue) on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-11096. Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Secondly, I was unable to reproduce the issue related to textbox on my end. Please upgrade to the latest version. I used the following code for testing:

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + @"ASPOSE_Form.doc");
doc.Print("soft printer…");

Best regards,

Thanks for getting back to me and a relief you have been able to re-create our issue. How long typically does it take to get a new release out? Is this done every month or as soon as you have a fix?

I just need to set the business expectation as to when we might be in a position to go live with the component.

Thanks

J-P

Hi again,

Are you able to answer my query above?

We’re guessing the issue is something to do with the font being an open type font not a true type.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. We release new versions of Aspose.Words at the end of every month. However, your issue is not resolved yet. We have asked the ETA of this issue from our development team and will update you via this thread as soon as any estimates are available.

We will also inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

It is to update you that our development team has completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been identified. However, the implementation of the fix of this issue has been postponed till a later date. Unfortunately, we can’t provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. However, you can use the following alternatives as workaround:

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

@JPVWKD,

Regarding WORDSNET-11096, our product team has completed the work on your issue and has come to a conclusion that they won’t be able to implement the fix to your issue. Your issue (WORDSNET-11096) has now been closed with ‘Won’t Fix’ resolution. Such OTF(CFF) fonts are supported by GDI+ starting from Windows 8.