Formatting to proprietary media

I am interested in finding out more about the customization of the aspose software. Please contact me to see what the capabilities and limitations.

Hi Kevin,

Could you please elaborate your inquiry?

Thanks and Regards,

LaseraBand is the leader in patient identification wristbands. I am interested in finding out whether or not I can use Aspose to interact with the different Hospital Information Systems (such as Meditech, EPIC, McKesson, Cerner) and take a data stream from these systems and print onto our media.

A shared customer of ours, Baylor Health, used Aspose to pull information from their Hospital Information System and print onto our media.

Ideally, I would like to have a software that I could provide to my future customers that would eliminate our biggest hurdle, which is getting IT to change the formatting within their Hospital Information System. Along with that, I want to find out if, and how, Aspose can be the middleware piece of software to sit between the Information System and the laser printer.

I am not sure if this is the correct module within Aspose, but the tie between the HIS and the patient is the barcode that is on the wristband that identifies the patient.

Does that make sense?

Thanks.

Kevin

Hi,

Aspose components are mostly file format handling components.

So, you can create and modify the documents using these components.

For example, you can work with Ms-Excel file formats, Ms-Word file formats, Ms-PowerPoint and OpenOffice file formats.

These file formats include doc,docx, xls, xlsx, csv, xlsm, ppt, pptx etc.

Also, Aspose provides consulting services for your needs. So, if you are looking for Aspose to develop some middle ware for your specific needs, you should visit this link:

Aspose
Consulting

Also, we can help with your needs. If you have any specific questions or you need more help to understand the features/services we provide, please feel free to ask us, we will help you asap.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the elaboration.

I have moved your request to a bigger forum (Aspose.Total) where experts from other Aspose products can share their thoughts as well.

As far as Aspose.BarCode component is concerned, it seems your requirement is to generate barcodes of specific symbology and print them on a laser printer. Aspose.BarCode component will serve this purpose just fine. Please check the product overview section from our documentation.

Note: If you could specify the barcode type (symbology), I can provide the sample source to generate the barcode and print it.

Regards,