FormEditor AddFields Don't Print

We are using Aspose.Pdf 9.2.1, FormEditor, FormFieldFacade, AddField etc. to create fields in a “template” Pdf and then using Form.ImportXml to populate Pdf. The ImportXml method seems to populate fields correctly when viewed in Pdf reader. However when printed the fields come out blank. We can edit/save field’s values in Pdf but no print.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Can someone analyze the PDf attached PDFs? “template_good” works as expected (print ok ) but “template_noprint_fields” will not print fields. Also “template_noprint_fields” is smaller in size that “template_good” but has 1 more page. This seems to be a clue of some sort. I can supply source code upon request. Thanks in advance for any assistance BillG

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested your scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.3.0. Filled both forms using ImportXML method with sample XML data file and later printed output using Adobe Acrobat. However, we have unable to replicate the issue. We will appreciate if you please share your sample XML file, so we will test the scenario again and provide you more information accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Bill,

Thanks for contacting support.

Adding more to Tilal’s comments, please share some details regarding how you are printing the document i.e. either you are using Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfViewer class to print the file or you are using the default print option of Pdf viewer application (such as Adobe Reader etc).

Thank's for your reply(s).

I view and print from adobe reader 11.0.07.

As an update, late last week I was able to solve my problem by invoking the below FormEditor method while creating the field(s):

pdfFormEditor.SetFieldAppearance("fieldName", Aspose.Pdf.InteractiveFeatures.Annotations.AnnotationFlags.Print);

I now use these FormEditor methods when adding a field:

AddField, SetFieldAppearance, DecorateField

At this point things seems to be working OK. I am curious as to how you were able to print fields in the template_noprint_fields.pdf though.

I would welcome any suggested improvements or recommondations as I am still fairly new to Aspose.Pdf.

Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your feedback. It is good to know that you have managed to resolve the issue.

Moreover, I have used Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.3.0 to fill the forms, used Adobe Reader 11.0.2 for printing and unable to replicate the issue.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance, we will be more than glad to extend our support.

Best Regards,