Formfield Questions

Is it possible to make checkboxes not editable(readonly)?

What I want to do is display a pdf where I add the checkboxes and check them all in code. I don't want the users to modify them. They are just nice to use for layout purposes sometimes.

Thanks for your time.

Moses

Dear Moses,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Aspose.Pdf can only create PDF with form fields but it can't manipulate form field for existing PDF. If you want to create a form field, set a default value and then make it readonly, I think it is possible although it is not supported in the current version. If you want to manipulate existing PDF, you should use Aspose.Pdf.Kit.

Tommy,

Thanks, what I am doing is creating the pdf with your program. It would be nice if a readonly property was available for all of the fields.

OK. I will study this issue and notify you when I have a plan.

Thank you, I bought this product when it was just in version 2 and I have to say it has made tremendous progress and I am very happy with it.

Thanks again,

Moses

Dear Moses,

I have not found how to set a field to be readonly until now. But there is another solution. You can set the security setting to prevent user to fill the form. Please refer to http://www.aspose.com/Wiki/default.aspx/Aspose.Pdf/SetPrivileges.html.

But I found a bug when I testing this feature. You have to set IsAnnotationsModifyingAllowed, IsContentsModifyingAllowed and IsFormFillingAllowed to false to make it work. This problem will be fixed in the next version.