Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Formula and formatting problems

In the attached spreadsheet there are two problems:

1) The 'Default Variables' sheet is populated with #VALUE!'s. If from within Excel you F2/Enter on any of these cells, (e.g., B3 or C3) the correct value is calculated.

2) On the 'Depr' sheet, the columns are autofit yet clearly the wrong width. I thought this might have something to do with the formula problem, but in a very similar sheet without the #VALUE!'s the width is still incorrect.

This was generated with Aspose.Cells for .NET 4.4.3.3

Regards,
--Howard

Hi Howard,

Thanks for providing us the template file.

For 1) , we will figure out the issue soon.

For 2), did you try Worksheet.AutoFitColumn(s) method(s).

Thank you.

Hi,

For 1), Well, you use SYD, SLN, DDB functions in your spreadsheet which are not currently supported by Aspose.Cells calcuation engine, check the list: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/supported-formulas-functions.html We will look into it.

Thank you.

Please refer to message 115785 where you provided a version of Aspose.Cells that supports these functions. Anyway, that isn't the problem, since the expression that causes the #VALUE! error involves dates, INT, and MOD. I think there might be a problem with MOD.

--Howard

Yes, what you are seeing is the result of having called Worksheet.AutoFitColumns().

--Howard

Hi Howard,

Sorry for my mistake and yes, SLN, SYD, DDB functions are supported now, We will update the formula calculation list soon.

1) We found the formula issue and have fixed it.

2) We are looking into the issue.

We will provide you a fix soon.

Thank you.

Amjad, I was wondering if there was any update on problem #2?

Regards,
--Howard

Hi Howard,

We will get back to you soon.

Thanks for being patient!

Hi Howard,

Please try this fix.

1,We have fixed the bug of setting the formula.

2,We have supported calclualting DDB,SLN,SYD Excel function.

3,After re-calculating the formulas, we find the result of Worksheet.AutoFitColumns is very close to the result of MS Excel auto fit columns.

Warren, this looks good on initial testing. Thank you very much.

--Howard