Formula calculation speed?

Hi,

For my application, I am not interested in creating a workbook. I only want to open an existing (very large) workbook that is full of formulas.

Then I will change a few numbers and then use CalculateFormula to force the entire workbook to recalculate. I’ll then read a few numbers out of the cells and discard the workbook.

What sort of performance should I see with this?

For instance, if Excel on a desktop takes 15 seconds to recalculate the workbook, should I expect faster or slower response from Cells?

Some older forum posts were complaining that the calculation speed was very slow.

Thanks,
Glen

Hi Glen,

The Aspose.Cells Formula Calculation Engine is continuously being optimized in the recent versions of the product. We appreciate if you kindly try our latest version: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry215207.aspx and use the component with your large Excel workbook to conduct a test. Also, if you call Workbook.CalculateFormula(), then change a few cells value, the component will calculate a few formulas accordingly if you call Worbook.CalculateFormula() method again.

If you find any issue (regarding calculation or performance), do let us know about it with all the details and send your sample file here to evaluate your issue.

Thank you.