FormulaBar is not locked when cell is locked

Hello,

when I load an excel sheet to my program where a cell isLocked I get following result:
The cell is locked in the way that I can’t type in something, but it is possible to edit the
value via the FormulaBar. Even a Cell is locked it is possible to edit it with the FormulaBar.
Another problem I faced is that I can copy a value to the cell.

Do you have some help for me how I can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

In MS Excel, when you protect a worksheet (see topic: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Protecting+Worksheets), you cannot edit cells or write something in the formula bar although you may copy the cells to other location in other sheet. This is an MS Excel’s behavior. Aspose.Cells follows MS Excel standards. If you find anything different with MS Excel, let us know with a sample console application (you may zip it prior attaching it here ) and attach your template file(s) here if you have any, also attach your output file here. Also attach some screen shots to highlight the issue (in MS Excel) or problem. Moreover, we recommend you to please use our latest version of the product i.e. v7.5.1 if your not using it already.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

thank you for your fast answer.

I am using the v7.5.1, but I used the worksheet class from GridDesktop not from Aspose.Cells. And in this Worksheet class the behavior is different to Excel.

I checked gridDesktopEx.Worksheets[0].Protected and this property is true. But I get the behavior descripted in my first post.

Thanks!
Simon

Hi,

Well, yes, it looks to me a different behavior for FormulaBar of Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop control than MS Excel when the worksheet is protected. Could you create a sample project with latest Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v2.7.20.2xxxx, zip it and post it here to reproduce the issue. We will log a ticket for it into our database and figure it out soon.

Thank you.