We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Found a (copying ranges) bug in v5.3.1.0 - when was it fixed?

We have an old licensed version of Aspose.Cells 5.3.1.0 and I’ve identified a bug in it, whereby copying a range (of 1 row) to another (of more than one row) only one row is actually copied.

I have tried this code in the latest evaluation version of Aspose (17.3.0) and the multiple rows are copied correctly. Can anyone tell me when this bug was fixed (sorry, there have been quite a few releases between 5.3.1.0 and 17.3.0, otherwise I would look myself, plus it may be described differently).

Is there are chance of obtaining the oldest version of the DLL with the fix on our old licence?

Thanks…

Hi Craig,

Thank you for contacting support. It is quite an old version (5.3.1.0) released in the first quarter of 2011. It is difficult to track an actual release in which the specific bug was fixed, because any other enhancement task could also fix a defect. We are documenting release notes for each version of Aspose.Cells for .NET API. Please refer to these helping articles: Aspose.Cells for .NET Release Notes and Migrating from Earlier Versions of Aspose.Cells

You can download an old version too, please refer to the download section: Download Aspose.Cells for .NET API

imran.rafique:
Hi Craig,

You can download an old version too, please refer to the download section: Download Aspose.Cells for .NET API

Thanks Imran. When I go to that page, the oldest version for download is 16.11.0. If I click the "Show more files..." button, nothing happens. (Tried in Chrome/IE/Firefox).

Thanks.

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the details. Please let us know which old Aspose.Cells for API version you are seeking to download. We shall check and reply you know appropriately.

Hi Imran,

I work with Craig, the version we have is v5.3.1.0

Hi,

Thank you for posting in this forum thread. In an earlier post by Craig (here), it appears as you are already using an older version 5.3.1.0 of Aspose.Cells API and facing the problem of not being able to copy a range of multiple rows. You are required to download another valid old version of the API. You can check the expiry date of your old Aspose license by opening it in the notepad, and then see ‘‘subscriptionexpiry’’ tag. Once you know about the expiry date, then select the other old version having release date less than your license expiry date. Please also refer to these helping articles: Aspose.Cells for .NET Release Notes and Migrating from Earlier Versions of Aspose.Cells

Your response is awaited.

Hi Imran,

After some research, I’ve found that the issue I’m suffering from is referred to in this thread

It was fixed in version 7.4.3 (release April 29, 2013). Unfortunately our licence only allows upgrades until 19 Oct 2012 (version 7.3.2). Is there any chance we could be issued with a licence that would enable us to use version 7.4.3?

Thanks,

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the details. There is no way to get a free subscription. You may contact with our sales team. They can guide you better on this. You are using quite an old version (7.3.2 or 7.4.3). We always recommend our clients use the latest version of Aspose.Cells API, because it includes all the latest features, fixes and enhancements. You can get a 30 day temporary license. It allows to test every aspect of the API before the renewal or buying it. Please refer to the renewal policies: http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/renewal-policies.aspx

Hi Rafique,

I’m not asking for a free subscription. I’m asking for a fix to a bug that was issued in a minor (7.3 ->7.4) revision to software which we paid for. Thank you for explaining to me about the temporary license but obviously I had already discovered that in order to verify which version it was that contained the fix.

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the inquiry. You can download the latest Aspose.Cells for .NET DLLs which comes under the subscription of your recent license. However, if a release comes with a fix after your license expiry date, then you have to renew your Aspose license. You can create a thread in the Aspose.Purchase forum to contact with our sales team. Please also refer to the contact details of the sales team: Contact Us

However, if you have any technical development queries, then please list them in this forum thread. We shall be happy to assist you.