FreeTextAnnotation Problem - Zero Font Size

Using the FreeTextAnnotation, I end up with text that has a font size of zero, with a red border. Opening the PDF in Foxit Reader, I can select the annotation, and see the font size is zero. Increasing the font size, I see the text that was added (and it is blue).

How can I make this work correctly? Even if the text is always some default font size such as 10pt, black, without a border, that would be okay for now. I need a fix this week please. Thanks!

Below is sample code that causes the problem. (I am using the evaluation version of Aspose.Pdf if that makes any difference).

'sample.pdf can be found here: http://samplepdf.com/sample.pdf
Dim pdfFile As String = "D:\tmp\sample.pdf"

Dim pdfDocument As New Aspose.Pdf.Document(pdfFile)
Dim page As Aspose.Pdf.Page = pdfDocument.Pages(1)

Dim pdfFreeText As New Aspose.Pdf.InteractiveFeatures.Annotations.FreeTextAnnotation(page, New Aspose.Pdf.Rectangle(100, 500, 300, 600), Nothing)
pdfFreeText.Contents = "Free annotation test."
page.Annotations.Add(pdfFreeText)

pdfDocument.Save(pdfFile)

Hi Joe,

Thanks for using our products.

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-34494. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction.

We
apologize for your inconvenience.

However concerning to your request “I need a fix this week please.” before the development team has analyzed this issue, I am afraid I cannot provide any commitment regarding the timelines by which this issue will be resolved. As soon as I have some updates, I will let you know.

PS, Evaluation version provides same set of features as provided in licensed mode, except for a fact that the output files generated with trial version contains evaluation watermark.

This is URGENT – Is there any update as to when this bug will be fixed? I have now purchased the Aspose.Pdf toolkit, and must finish and deliver a project by tomorrow. Thank you!

Hi Joseph,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Well, we are just able to reproduce your issue and based on our development plans, it requires some time for our development team to check the issue in detail (As already shared by Nayyer above). Also, we cannot provide you any timelines for the resolution of the issue until our development team is done with their complete analysis. I am afraid, you will need to wait and spare us some time to further analyze your issue and once the development team shares any feedback, we will update you.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi Joseph,

Just wanted to share that we have internally re-prioritized some issues and the priority of PDFNEWNET-34494 reported in this thread has been raised and we hope to get it resolved sooner (currently I cannot promise any concrete timelines but it has been set as high priority). As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34494) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.6.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(10)