Function CORREL() Bugs using aspose-cells-8.5.0 java

Hi Aspose Team,

Here is the situation I met in my excel template with correl() function.

1. Correl() function works well on plain data;

2. Correl() function is not able to calculate correct result when the input data is reference to other cells.

3. Correl() function is not able to calculate correct result when the input data is nested with simple formula.

Please see the attached file and all bad result column are marked with RED (GREEN is right).

Regards,
David

Hi David,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I have tested this issue with the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Java 8.5.2 and it gives correct results for all three rectangles. (RED, RED and Green). Please see the following sample code, it generates pdf after calculating the formulas with Aspose.Cells formula engine and if you compare the source excel file and the output pdf, you will see both matches exactly so this issue does not exist.

If you still find this issue, then please highlight it or provide your sample code replicating this issue. We will look into it and help you asap.

Java

String filePath = “F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\CorrelationTest1_new.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.calculateFormula();

PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();

opts.setOnePagePerSheet(true);

workbook.save(filePath + “.out.pdf”, opts);

Hi Shakeel,

From your output PDF, I still find the error there, as I explained in the first email.

Correct Result should be: All RED and GREEN column should be the same, since all three correlation() formula are based on same data set.

But now you can tell from PDF that calculated result are not same (compared J15, M15, Q15).

Could you look into it again? Thanks.

Regards,
David

Hi David,

Thanks for your clarification and using Aspose.Cells.

You are right. We found that your source excel file was set as Manual (calculation) but when it is set Automatic (calculation), we were able to spot the difference of calculation. Microsoft Excel results in red columns do not match with Aspose.Cells results however green column is good.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-41456 - Correl() function is not able to calculate correct result

Hi Aspose Team,

I have issued three requests weeks ago and no response yet. Could you help me to track the status now?

CELLSJAVA-41456
- Correl() function is not able to calculate correct result
CELLSJAVA-41447" for your issue.
CELLSJAVA-41450
- Function RSQ is not calculated correctly

Our development team need these changes. Please let me know ETA for all above request.

Regards,
David

Hi David,

I have checked the statuses of the mentioned tickets, all of them are currently in progress. We haven’t yet received updates from the product team on these issues so I have recorded note to provide an estimated schedule for the fix. As soon as we hear any news, we will post here for your reference.

Thank you for your patience with us.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issues CELLSJAVA-41450, CELLSJAVA-41447 and CELLSJAVA-41456 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.5.2.3 and let us know your feedback.

It fixes all of your above three issues i.e (CELLSJAVA-41450, CELLSJAVA-41447 and CELLSJAVA-41456)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41456) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.