Functionality support

Received : 2007/11/19 21:46:56
i would like to ask about supporting of some custom functionality. I've read a description of aspose.grid but hadn't found any necessary information. Some words about functionality(i'm talking about grid.web):
it is necessary to me that the end-user can select different cells on the client side (holding the CTRL button, for example) and then my program make some actions with data from this cells (calculate average, for example). Does your component provide such feature?

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Yes, our component can do that either using server side GridWeb1.SelectCells() method or client side javascript function i.e. getSelectedCells to get those cells.

Here is an example shows the usage of the getSelectedCells. The OnGridSubmit function handles the GridWeb.OnSubmitClientFunction client side event:

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thanks for your answer!
But i’ve just try to use the latest version of aspose.grid (web) on the page with demos. And i can’t select different cells holdin the CTRL key pressed (f.e. i need to select B2, C4 and E1 cells at one time). In previous post i mean that feature

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, you may only make selection with continuous range of cells e.g., B2:E4 etc using Mouse pointer or using Shift + arrow keys. We will support this feature in future verison of Aspose.Grid.Web.

Thanks for being patient!

thanks a lot! but can you tell me will this feature be added in the next version or further

Hi,

We will add this feature in the future version. But this feature will be available at two month later because we have some ugent feature plan.

I suggest that you may use checkbox feature to select cells instead of selecting cells by holding ctrl key. You may check the online demo and select the DataValidation demo to see how the check box works.

Thank you for considering Aspose.