Generate PDF and Merging PDF's and JPG Images to PDF

I have few questions regarding the API which support our requirements. If anyone can give me some clarification before I try your trail version.

Does Aspose API, .NET Core 2.0 version?

1> Does Aspose API support merging multiple PDF’s and JPG image formats into one PDF file or multi-page PNG file format or multi-page TIFF image formats?

2> Does Aspose API support creating a new PDF document from scratch with table structure something like below screenshot which we can customize the font size and background color?

Summary_PNG.PNG (3.2 KB)

@srace,

Aspose.PDF API has support of .NET Core 2.0. With Aspose.PDF API, you can concatenate pages of PDF documents, insert multiple-page images, build a PDF document from scratch, create table, insert and format text elements. The structure of the PDF document is hierarchical, Aspose.Pdf API accesses elements in the same way. In order to better understand the DOM approach, please refer to this help topic: Introduction to the DOM API. This is the developer guide and selective help topics: Developer Guide, Concatenate PDF Files, Working with Tables and Manipulate Images

You can get a 30 day temporary license from the purchase portal and its option is available in step 5. You will view a button with caption Get a Temp License in step 5 of the purchase portal. A temporary license is a time-restricted full license that lets you test every aspect of API before buying it. Please refer to this help topic: Apply License to Aspose.PDF for .NET API

@imran.rafique thank you for the reply. I have gone through the API documentation. In my scenario can we generate one PDF file from different file formats eg: User may upload 4-5 pdf files and 4-5 JPG image files from UI and API needs to merge byte[] memory stream into one PDF file.

@srace,

You can create PDF from scratch, insert an image in the new PDF page, and then adjust the page size with respect to the image. After this, you can concatenate the PDF document with other PDF documents. Aspose.PDF API can accept files from a stream or computer storage path string, e.g. @“c:\temp\myFile.pdf”. Please refer to this help topic: Manipulate with Images

@imran.rafique,
I have gone through the documentation provided and In the examples provided. I have couple of questions which I could not find in the documentation.
1> Does Aspose API support merging multi page memory stream to single PNG file?.. I could find converting into TIFF single file nothing to single PNG file? If you have methods which support converting into single PNG file please let me know.
My Goal is: Converting multiple PDF’s and multiple JPG image files uploaded from UI and append a summary image at the beginning with the user inputs and merge the attachments to single PNG file. The reason why explaining again to understand what all Aspose supports directly or via other ways to achieve this requirements so that I can take decision and try out the Aspose API for my client.
2> In all the documentation of developers guide I can find concatenation pdf files but could not find merging or concatenating the JPG image along with PDF’s. I have tried out some code and converted everything into memory stream and convert memory stream into single file image file which is TIFF image format but not PNG file format.

I really appreciate if you can give any inputs on my request. Thank you!

@srace,

There is no direct way to convert multi-page PDF document in a single PNG file. We have already logged this feature request under the ticket ID PDFNET-43015 in our issue tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

You can use Aspose.Imaging API to convert the TIFF into PNG format as follows:
C#

Aspose.Imaging.FileFormats.Tiff.TiffImage multiImage = (Aspose.Imaging.FileFormats.Tiff.TiffImage)Aspose.Imaging.Image.Load(dataDir + "Graphical_Abstract.tiff");
PngOptions pngOptions = new PngOptions();
multiImage.Frames[0].Save(dataDir + "output.png", pngOptions);

You can convert an image to PDF, and then concatenate this PDF to another PDF document. Please refer to this help topic: Convert an Image to PDF

@imran.rafique
Hi Imran, Thank you for the workarounds. When I am trying to install Aspose.Imaging via Nuget package manager console getting the below error message. Does Aspose.Imaging support .NET core 2.0 or higher?

Package ‘Aspose.Imaging 18.3.0’ was restored using ‘.NETFramework,Version=v4.6.1’ instead of the project target framework ‘.NETCoreApp,Version=v2.0’. This package may not be fully compatible with your project.

@srace,

We have created a separate thread regarding the installation error in Aspose.Imaging Product Family forum and one of our fellow workers will assist you there soon.

Forum thread: