Word DOCX Document Containing Linked OLE Excel.Sheet.12 Object Loading too Slow in MS Word | C# .NET

I have use aspose.words to generated one docx file,which contains nearly 100 oleobject,when i use builder.InsertOleObject(node.Data.OutputFile, “Excel.Sheet.12”, true, true, img) this line to generate oleobject it seems ok,but when i use
builder.InsertOleObject(node.Data.OutputFile, “Excel.Sheet.12”, false, true, img) this line,the generated result docx file is smaller than previous,and it takes more than 5 minutes to open in ms-word 2016,and i need to insert oleobject which link to my absolutely excel file path,not embedded excel file.
what can i do to make the result .docx file loading faster in ms-word?

@standheo,

To ensure a timely and accurate response, please ZIP and attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your simplified input Word document
  • Aspose.Words 20.3 generated output DOCX file showing the undesired behavior
  • Your expected DOCX file showing the desired output. You can create this document by using MS Word.
  • The Excel file you want to embed
  • Please also create a standalone simple Console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your current problem on our end and attach it here for testing. Please do not include Aspose.Words DLL files in it to reduce the file size.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your scenario and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

I find when i set IsLinked property to true, when open the .docx file,one excel process will started from taskmanager,and this process is keep runing because it takes a lot cpu and memory, and when this process disappeared from the taskmanager,the .docx file is opend successed.

I will create a test console application later.

here is my test code:
var demoXlsx = Path.Combine(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory, “demo.xlsx”);
var imgFile = Path.Combine(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory, “demo.png”);
var img = Bitmap.FromFile(imgFile);
Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
builder.Writeln(“testFile”);
for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++)
{
builder.Writeln($“chart{i+1}”);
builder.InsertOleObject(demoXlsx, “Excel.Sheet.12”, true, true, img);
builder.Writeln();
}
builder.Writeln(“finished”);
var rsFile = “rs.docx”;
doc.Save(rsFile);

demo.xlsx is a sample xlsx file,you can replaced it with any xlsx file. demo.png is a image file,you can replaced it with any image file. after run this code,you can open the result file “rs.docx” with ms-excel, and you may understand that it takes too long time to open this file.

@standheo,

We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of any correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-20195. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,is there any progress?

I find that when i changed my saved file name to “rs.doc”,it opend quickly.
so maybe this is the issue of ms-excel?

And there is another question,when i double clicked the linked excel file,and edited the excel content,to make the chart data changed and saved, by click context menu “update link” context menu.png (5.4 KB) nothing happend,is this an issue?

@standheo,

Thanks for the additional information and we have logged these details in our issue tracking system.

Your issue (WORDSNET-20195) is currently ‘pending for analysis’ and is in the queue. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue will be resolved or any further updates may be available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Is there any more information?

@standheo,

Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. But, we are working on it and will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue will be resolved in future. We apologize for any inconvenience.

@standheo,

Regarding WORDSNET-20195, it seems there is nothing we can implement in Aspose.Words API to prevent this behavior. For unknown reason MS Word opens DOCX format document very slowly and this is not a fault of Aspose.Words.

You can observe the same behavior if you please save to DOC format first by using Aspose.Words and then re-save this DOC document to DOCX format by using MS Word.

The obtained DOCX document will again open very slowly in MS Word. So, it looks like MS Word’s issue.

Can you please also provide an expected DOCX document (that MS Word is able to quickly load) here for our reference?