Generated PDF is larger in size

Using Aspose slides to convert PPTX to PDF
Previously using 16.10 version
Currently trying to upgrade to 18.10 version

There is an average 4X increase in PDF file size (Mostly with images)
Is this known? Should we set any additional parameters to reduce the size?

For both the versions I’m using this:
saveOptions.setJpegQuality(Byte.parseByte(“90”));
saveOptions.setCompliance(pdfType.pdfCompliance);

Images.zip (544.6 KB)

@sparamesh,

I have observed your comments. Can you please try to use Aspose.Slides latest version 19.1 and if there is still an issue than please share source file along with generated result and environment details so that we may further investigate to help you out.

Tried with Aspose slides 19.1. I’m still seeing the same issue.

Using Aspose slides for java and setting this below jpeg quality
saveOptions.setJpegQuality(Byte.parseByte(“90”));

I’m using the same code for setting the jpeg quality for all aspose slides version 16.10, 18.4, 18.10 and 19.1Images.zip (1.0 MB)

@sparamesh,

I have observed the issue shared by you and an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-37575 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Do you have any timelines as to when this will be fixed? I’m from Salesforce and we are paid customers. We are hoping to get this resolved soon!

@sparamesh,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that issue has been added recently and is awaiting investigation in waiting queue. Actually, as per Aspose policy first of all issues added in Aspose.Enterprise and Aspose.Priority forums are addressed and resolved. Then issues added in normal support forum are selected for investigation on first come and first serve basis. On the basis of complexity of the issue that is determined after investigation, the issues are scheduled for resolution. We will share the feedback with you regarding ETA as soon as possible.

Hi Adnan,
I see the status of this issue as resolved. How do I know what is the resolution?

Thanks

@sparamesh,

I have observed your comments. We have investigated issue on our end and i have shared code snippet with. This will help you out to resolve your issue. Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

PdfOptions po = new PdfOptions();
po.setSaveMetafilesAsPng(false);
po.setJpegQuality((byte)90);
po.setBestImagesCompressionRatio(true);

Presentation pres = new Presentation(“Images.pptx”);
pres.save(“output.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf, po);