Generated pdf is reported as corrupted

I would like to signal a problem raised from one of our partners (a print service provider). We are providing him a large number of PDF files generated from a Word doc template. Recently, he had to do some further modifications to these pdf files, but when he tried to open them, the software he is using complained about the pdf files being corrupted.

We’ve started doing some investigations, but were not able to found any errors using common pdf viewers.
After some further research, we’ve tested the generated documents with a thirdy part tools specifically built to check and repair pdf files, and it actually reports some errors. This happens even when starting from a very simple Word files, and saving it as pdf.

Here is the code to convert the simple attached docx file

string srcFile = @“MySample.docx” ;
string destFile = @“MySample.pdf” ;

var doc = new Document(srcFile) ;
doc.Save(destFile) ;

When submitting the resulting file to this verifier, two errors are listed
- “the First key is required but missing” (while analyzing outlines)
- “the file is corrupt” (while analyzing pages)

I don’t know if I can post here the name of the verifier and the software used by our customer. Let me know if you need the name of these products.

Regards

PS. currenly using Aspose.Words.dll v11.10

Hi Riccardo,

Thanks for your inquiry. After an initial test with Aspose.Words v11.10.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side either. Please share the name of your third party verifier tool here for our reference. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

PS: Please note that Aspose.Words’ page layout engine tries to mimic the way the Microsoft Word’s page layout engine works. To you, this means that if you convert a Microsoft Word document into PDF, XPS or print it using Aspose.Words, the output will appear almost exactly as if it was done by Microsoft Word. Could you please convert your Word document to PDF format by using Microsoft Word, test it with your third party tools and share your findings as well?

Best regards,
awais.hafeez:
Hi Riccardo,
Please share the name of your third party verifier tool here for our reference.

This is the online verifier, or you can download the offline utility (trial)

Hi Riccardo,

Thanks for the additional information. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as WORDSNET-7515 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7515) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.