Generated PDF not showing WMF images

Good afternoon.

We have a requirement to generate a Word document and a PDF from an html page. The documents must be of high quality, and could contain a number of images of various formats.

Using Aspose.Words for Java, I have created a number of test samples, which on the whole satisfy our requirements. However, there is one type of image that is causing an issue. We use high quality WMF images for maps, so that they can be zoomed into without losing sharpness. In the test samples (see attached), the Word document renders WMF’s with no issues, but the PDF does not (I believe the images that do render were created from gif’s).

Would you expect the PDF document to be able to render WMF images, or is this something that is not supported at this time?

We are using version 13.6.0 in a Java 6/Spring MVC 3.2 environment hosted on a tomcat server.

Thank you

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJAVA-746. our development team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that this process may take some time, but I wonder if you could provide an update of where in the process this issue has reached? It is important for us to know if the issue is fixable, and if so what sort of timescales are involved.

Thank you

Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. This issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot provide you any reliable estimate. However, you will surely be notified via this thread as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi

We are at a fairly critical point in our project. Is there anyway to get an estimate of how long a response and a solution might take.

Would engaging your consulting services speed up solving the problem?

Given our project timeline it is essential for us to know if we have to drop Aspose and look for another solution. Our drop dead date is 2nd Aug.

Thanks
Murray

Murray McConnachie
Business Systems Manager
Wood Mackenzie Ltd.

murray.mcconnachie@woodmac.com

Hi Murray,

Thanks for your patience. We understand that this issue is important to you and it is unfortunate that the issue has not yet been fixed. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Although we try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. Our developers work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

That being said, we fully understand that you are keen to get a fix to your particular issues, please have a look at this page - https://helpdesk.aspose.com/kb/faq/2-Developer-Business-Support-Key-Benefits-Conditions - purchasing Priority Support will allow you to post your issues in our Priority Support forum and raise the priority of these issues directly with our development teams, if possible, we will then aim to get a resolution to your issue as soon as we can. Many Priority Support customers find that this leads to their issue being fixed in the next release of the software.

If you would like to take advantage of Priority Support then please request a quote in our purchase forum - https://forum.aspose.com/c/purchase/6

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-746) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.