We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Generated PDF remains empty

Hello,

we were happy to read that Aspose Cells v2.3 is now able to save PDF files directly - thank you for that! However, now that I’m testing it, the generated PDF files just remain empty.

What I do is: open a template, do some changes in it, then save it back as an XLS and a PDF. The XLS looks fine, the PDF shows an empty page. Where is my mistake?

I have attached the ready-to-run code I used. Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards
Lennart

Hi,

Please find attached my output pdf file using your code with template file.

I am using latest version v2.3.0.1, please try it if it make any difference.

Thank you.

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I’m afraid the newer lib version did’t fix the problem. Please find my generated PDF attached.

It seems odd that when I look at the document properties within Acrobat Reader, in my document the page format says “0 x 0 mm” whereas your document correctly shows “210 x 297 mm”. In fact, when I set the zoom level of my document to 100% in Acrobat Reader, all I see is a tiny white rectangle…

Might this be some kind of locale-dependent page format bug?

Thank you very much for your help!
Lennart

Hi again,

I just found the problem… it looks like the current version of Aspose Cells only works correctly if the defaultLocale is set to US (in my case it is German). After changing the default Locale in my class, the PDF is generated correctly (source attached):

Locale.setDefault(Locale.US);

However, since this is a JVM-wide setting, it might affect other parts of our multithreaded app and is, thus, not a desirable solution. Changing only the workbook’s locale via workbook.setLocale(…) had no effect at all.

Please, can you provide a fix for this soon?

Best regards
Lennart

Hi,

Thanks for providing further details.

We will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have found the issue and will fix it soon.

Your issue has been logged into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSJAVA-17960.

Thank you.

Hi Lennart,

Please try the attached version of Aspose.Cells for Java. In this version, we have fixed the XLS to PDF export issue for default Locale other than US.

Best Regards

Hi Muhammad,



thank you very much! I have tested all my issues and everything works
fine now with that latest aspose.cells_2.3.0.2_20100625.jar. Good work!

Is this version of the jar meant for productive use, too, or should I rather wait until you publish the changes in some official release 2.3.1 of Aspose Cells?


Best regards & thanks again

Lennart

Hi,

Well, you may use the fix aspose.cells_2.3.0.2_20100625.jar or any other fix in that series without any problem. It will work as an official release. Normally, we post the bug fixes in the forums dynamically for the users need. Suppose, a user points out a bug or demand for a new feature for his need and if he has no time to wait until the next official release/hotfix is out, we always consider providing him with an intermediate build that resolves his problem immediately. However, the next official release of the product will always include the functionality of the all the previous fixes (which we posted in the forums). Moreover, you may use this fix as long as you wish without any problem, it will behave like an official release.

Thanks for your understanding!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 17960) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.