Generating pptx files

Hi,

I am using Aspose.Util 2.8.6.0 for .Net . We have existing system which generates reports in ppt which is now required to be converted to pptx. It is giving an error "Invalid header signature; read 1688935826934608, expected 16220472316735377360" . Please recommend what could be the best possible options for us to generate pptx files. Also, please suggest if any upgradation is required what other benefits we would get by the upgradation to a newer version.

Thanks

Somya

Hi Somya,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

I regret to share that I have not been able to understand the requirements shared by you. Can you please explain the problem comprehensively by providing us the necessary code snippet for what you want Aspose.Slides for .NET offers you. Please share which version of Aspose.Slides for .NET you are using on your end.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Sorry for the mistake, the dll is Aspose.Slides, version is 2.8.6.0 . I want to generate pptx files.The current implementation generates ppt files which is working fine.But I am not able to do the same for generation of pptx file. I converted the template present at this location from ppt to pptx. The code snippet where i get the error is:

templatePath = SomeText.pptx;

Presentation srcPres = new Presentation(templatePath);

This is where i get the mentioned error.

Thanks

Hi Somya,

I regret to share that support for converting PPT to PPTX is unavailable in Aspose.Slides for .NET 2.8.6.0. The version that you have referred is fairly old and its support is no longer available. The support for PPT to PPTX conversion has been introduced in Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.4 and onward versions. I would strongly recommend you to please use the latest available version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.5.0. Please also visit this documentation link to see which of features are available in PPT to PPTX conversion. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard. Moreover, you need to access the PPTX using PresentationEx class. Please visit link 1 and link 2 for your further knowledge.

Thanks and Regards,