We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Get multiple email addresses for the sender

When processing a PST or MSG (ie. not connected to Exchange) the sender email address is often in Exchange format. When this happens, is it possible to get their SMTP address as well?

We seem to able to do it for recipients, but I am interested in also doing it for the sender.

Note: This is somewhat related to: https://forum.aspose.com/t/40273.

Thanks

Hi Phil,

Thanks for writing to us.

If the source MSG doesn’t contain the SMTP address, it will not be possible to retrieve this type of address from the MSG. Could you please share some source MSG files for our further investigations? We’ll look into it and assist you further.

Attached is an example MSG file (in a zip). This email was sent by Esther Lim </O=8020/OU=MELBOURNE/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=ELIM> to Philip Haselden </O=8020/OU=MELBOURNE/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=PCH>.

When I look at the Recipients collection, I find that I can get the Exchange format email address, as shown above, and I can also get the SMTP email address for the recipient: PHaselden@80-20.com.

However there doesn’t seem to be a way to get the SMTP address for the sender. Is this true?

Hi Phil,

I have tested the sample message in different ways and found that SMTP email address does not exist for the sender as shown in the attached images. Therefore I am afraid to inform that its not possible to get email address from this message as its not present there.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Email.